DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to run Alpine's imprint software on my cda-9887 and had this other thread going about: enclosure specs

I have two JL 12w6v2 woofers in this dual 1.7cu foot, ported enclosure, tuned to 33hz.

I'm feeding the subs a bridged 1000 watts @ 4ohms from a Zed Audio Kronos, half gain, no bass boost.

The JL spec is 1.5cu' @ 32.2hz, all box volumes are before displacement as JL suggests.

I should probably let things break in a little longer, but one of my w6 spent a couple years in a sealed box and the other is only a month old.

Paranoia is starting to set in about not using the JL box specs!

Also, I have a subsonic filter set around 16hz on my amp. Does the subsonic filter negatively affect the Alpine cda-9887's crossover?

Oh, my low-pass x-over is set at 100hz / 24db slope. the components com into play @ 125hz / 18db, JL c5-650 on a PPI a404.

Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm about to run Alpine's imprint software on my cda-9887 and had this other thread going about: enclosure specs

I have two JL 12w6v2 woofers in this dual 1.7cu foot, ported enclosure, tuned to 33hz.

I'm feeding the subs a bridged 1000 watts @ 4ohms from a Zed Audio Kronos, half gain, no bass boost.

The JL spec is 1.5cu' @ 32.2hz, all box volumes are before displacement as JL suggests.

I should probably let things break in a little longer, but one of my w6 spent a couple years in a sealed box and the other is only a month old.

Paranoia is starting to set in about not using the JL box specs!

Also, I have a subsonic filter set around 16hz on my amp. Does the subsonic filter negatively affect the Alpine cda-9887's crossover?

Oh, my low-pass x-over is set at 100hz / 24db slope. the components com into play @ 125hz / 18db, JL c5-650 on a PPI a404.

Thanks for the tips
If it sounds good to you that is all that matter's. Your crossover point is fine as long as you like the sound the only thing I reccomend is setting the subsonic filter to around 30hz to prevent over excursion...the subsonic filter in no way effects the HU crossover in a negative way it just simply rolls off the fequenecies below the tuning to protect the driver's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts