DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone here played with a jl audio 6w3 up front? How do you like it? I was thinking about using it along with my alpine spx17pro

I'm debating about using a pair of 6w0-8 or now the 6w3-4.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
For midbass or subwoofers?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since these are subs I was hoping a little more 'thump' up front.

I know I'll have my idmax's mounted in the back mostly likely just behind the driver seats.

Vehicle? Well just say I'm in the process of getting a 76 trans am with a big block under the hood. I found this car by accident in some farmers field.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I used a 6W0 under each of my front seats for a while play 120 down and loved them... I would do it again but they wont fit in my new car.

·
Registered
731 Posts
How are you planning on mounting them? We can't give you an accurate answer until you tell us if it will be IB, sealed, AP, etc...

Also how much room we are dealing with.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
WO = rated for less power....W7 = rated for most power { prices to be commensurate with how hard are you going to KICK IT !!!! }:D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The idmax I'm going to try both sealed and ported to see which one I like the best.

Mounting the 6w0 will most likely be in the door. The 6w3 could be iffy. Not too sure where or if there would be a good spot. I would mostly think a kick panel

Still if my 76 trans am is a bust, a skyline r32 gtr will receive the stereo system.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Power on tap. PPI A600.2 with 150wrms on tap. The 6w0 I could use an A300.2 with 75wrms.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm pretty close on pulling the trigger on 2 JL 6W3 in a sealed box for my cars.
Nice lightweight setup for SQ. :)

(2) JL6w3 subs

Sealed enclosure @ .34cu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts