DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rebuilding my system over the last few weeks and am considering putting 2 6.5" JL 6w3v3s in custom fiberglass kick panel enclosures because I would like a better sound stage. Since these subs are relatively new I have been having a hard time finding any good reviews on them. I was wondering what other people thought about these subs. I don't need them to go very low; I just want something to give me a little more in the 80-150hz range.
Currently I have an Alpine IDA-X100 HU, Alpine 6.5" Type-R components in the front, Alpine 5.25" Type-R coaxials in the rear, 2 Diamond Hex Pro 10 inch subs, an Alpine PDX-4.100, and 2 Alpine PDX-1.600s in a 1998 Toyota 4runner.
I plan on putting the 2 w3s on a PDX-2.150 amp. I am not a big JL fan but I think these subs would suite my needs. I have also been looking at the Focal 13WS and some CDT mid basses as well.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A buddy of mine has these mounted on his Harley in the lower fairings (leg warmers).. He has them coiled and driven parallel with an Arc Audio Foose Design 6.5" component set in the fairing and driven off an Arc KS125.2 mini.. They hit pretty hard for lil' 6.5" drivers.. Sounds great when the bike is sitting still / going slow.. Can't here 'em on the bike when you are going 90 though :D

They'd probably do the trick for what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sublime. I just picked up a pair of them today. I still need to fiberglass the enclosures, but I should have them in by the end of the week. I will let everyone know how they sound. I listened to one at the shop and it was very punchy. I have plenty of low end and dont need these to hit. They should really help to bring the sound stage forward.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks sublime. I just picked up a pair of them today. I still need to fiberglass the enclosures, but I should have them in by the end of the week. I will let everyone know how they sound. I listened to one at the shop and it was very punchy. I have plenty of low end and dont need these to hit. They should really help to bring the sound stage forward.
Let us know, I'm very interested in your results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I listen a dude´s car with a 6w in boxes in the kick panel area and sound great..
he put the x over to 50hz-250hz with a Zapco 360 with 2 channels for a w6 and the final sound are very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts