DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I look forward to starting a Subwoofer Footwell install project.

It will be a stealth installation, and the net space available really small (already discounting
driver displacement).: .18 cu / ft (about 5 lts)

Finally I have two candidate drivers:

JL Audio 6w3v3: 6W3v3-4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W3v3 - JL Audio

Pros: More power handling (up to 150w)

Cons: Low Sensitivity (80.5 db 1w)
Price (150 dlls)
Highest Fs (41.8)

Tang Band 6W-1139SIF: https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w6-1139sif-6-1-2-paper-cone-subwoofer-speaker--264-919
Pros: Greater Sensitivity (83 dB 1w)
Price Much lower (55 dlls)
Lowest Fs: 35 Hz

Cons: Much lower Power handling (50w rms)

Both subwoofers are 6.5 "and fit perfectly into small enclosures.

I made a comparison in winISD and this is the result:

I can see that both drivers behave similarly, but my question is which of the two will be heard stronger, because although one is more sensitive, it is much more powerful than the other and vice versa.

Any advice or suggestion? Which would be more convenient?

· Banned
2,646 Posts
I’d go with something more beefy. Higher excursion and power handling if that’s the single source of bass

· Banned
2,646 Posts
I doubt you would know the difference. They should be within a few db of each other.

· Banned
2,646 Posts
Well I’d do something around 400 rms.
But yeah the cheap one won’t be a total waste if it’s not enough.

Reactions: ANDRESVELASCO

· Registered
30 Posts
So going with the 50 dlls one and more efficent is the cleverst choice? Or the JL Is better option because of the 150w of power?

(I'm really novice with winISD so can't really understand what the graphic says) :confused:
The more efficient driver will get louder with less power, although I doubt you would be able to tell that much difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
149 Posts
Anyone here had tried with any of these subwoofers single at footwell or underseat?

I have some concerns about how loud can they be to match with the rest of the system.

Any help will be very appreciated :D
I've actually played around with 2 6w3v3s under front seats. If you're putting them in that small of a space don't expect too much output below 35-40hz. They play upwards nicely though like 125hz, I didn't test much higher. Fighting through the seats and my bum there's still enough of a kick to get the rear view mirror to respond at least.

But using just a single...it depends on what the rest of your system is if it'll match. But even some bass is always better than none. Also what kind of music you listen to if the super low frequencies are common or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.