DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help or advice, I bought a new 900/5 and paid to have it installed into my jeep and it rocked, 8 months later I traded jeeps and I pulled all of the equipment out of my jeep myself , I paid another shop to install it and they only hooked up my sub and gave my other equipment back to me, pissed and not having time to mess with it I sold my jeep and pulled it all out and now I am having it all installed by a guy that I was referred to that has worked at a few high end audio installation shops, he called tonight and told me my amp has issues while on the 4 channel selection, the issue is sound fading in and out and no sound unless he is pushing on the channel selector, he is only half way through the install and factory speakers are still in and I know they are bad but still produce sound, he is saying my amp is bad but it works fine on the sub channel, I don't know which way to turn at this point and he has stopped the install due to him saying the amp is bad, the shop I bought the amp from is out of business and the amp is 2 1/2 years old and has had minimal use on the 4 channel side, I have only used it on the sub channel for the past year and a half, any tips or help appreciated, frustrated thinking I have a junk $1000 amp when I take care of my stuff.

·
Registered
549 Posts
JL used to do a fixed-cost rebuild as well. May want to check with them.

Sent from my mobile device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.