DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JL Audio TW3 Shallow Depth Car Subwoofer - 10TW3-D4 for $194.99 free ground shipping in Abt's Fourth of July Sale.

These are currently back ordered 7-10 days; Abt is accepting orders the ETA for our delivery is the 17th. This ETA should be achievable these subs are assembled/made in the Miramar, FL factory. The total came to $210 when adding the TW3 wire mesh grill. If you're not aware ABT is a JL Audio authorized U.S. Internet Dealer. FYI Abt has a $25 off $250 when signing up for their newsletter, if you're in the market for a nearly free add-on(s) with some spam...

Sub: http://www.abt.com/product/68080/JL-Audio-10TW3D4.html
Grill: http://www.abt.com/product/77519/JL-Audio-90521.html

JL Internet Sales page: http://www.jlaudio.com/footer/Internet+Sales/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're Welcome.

This price point pushed me into a woofer I wouldn't second guess. I was having trouble justifying the regular price for the wife's DD, I only drive it once a month or so, at least our road trip tunes will improve. :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I just got 1 with the grill. The price point is right at my budget and this will keep my install looking almost stock. Thanks again for posting this.
Makes me wonder how 2 will sound? LOL.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
This seems to be on of the top shallow sub out there. I'm glad I was able to get one at this price. Well I'm hoping it will ship and my order will not get cancelled and refunded. I'm think of a down firing install. I'll place it on the floor, between the second row seat and the passenger seat. My daughter's car seat is there and I always wanted to build something so when she's sitting, her feet don't just have to hang there. Just an idea I have, and I think it's going to be an easier temporary install.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Yea, I tried to cancel my order last night and they were not too happy and didn't really wanted me to cancel it. So I decided to keep it because it's a great sub for $195

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We received a phone call yesterday, they confirmed the shipping address and stated the order would be shipped out and I'd receive an email. I found the deal via Google Shopping, just to see if anyone dropped below JL's Made in the USA sale price of $254.99 and got lucky. I wanted to cap the subwoofer on this project @ $200, so i've been sitting on it, unable to find convincing reviews and seeing models that suck. That said I'm yet to model this one, I don't think 0.5cu ft will impress anyone on the low, but my wife listens to pop, rock and some country. Finding a shallow mount ten, that performs in 0.5cu ft and can handle 400w rms and models for $200 is near impossible.

I was considering stretching the sub budget to $300, only thing there is grey market Alpines, but the review trend towards saying they're power hunger and need 5-600w rms... I'll be running this off a PPI 900.5 sub channel is rated 440w rms 2 ohm load @ 14.4v.. Our pcm sticks the alternator at 13.8v during charge cycles and I'll tune conservatively, we're not really expecting to hit that kind of output. This will be in a center console box, so even tuned low it will knock.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have one in load enclosure and this sub is stealer ! Zapco do 500.1 running it in 13 Chevy Equinox . It replace my jbl Gti mkll as I need shallow mount for install. It sounds better then that sub. I was under powering it for sure. I love my jl sub. I love my jbl sub to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know of any other deals other than the $25 off $250+ when signing up for the email list. I saw this when looking for other coupon codes to apply.

I initially found this deal through Google Shopping, you may want to check deal sites, ime "retail me not" has been good.

Khing---Do you have any coupon codes for this site. I want to get a few more things thats not on sale. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts