DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just after some advice after days and days of looking on countless forums and YouTube videos. To no avail.

I'm trying to rebuild my 12w6v2 I have a new spider, 4 ohm dual core voice coil and foam surround.

My questions are how do I work out how far down to mount the voice coil. I have what it seems no magnet pole gap. So would it just be half of the vc?

Also with my dust gap I'm guessing it just mount on top the spider then onto the vc with each wire then soldering onto 1 of them alu plates?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
you need the thickness of the top plate to work out the details. Overhang = (coil_winding_length - top_plate_thickness)/2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

OK so my vc is 42mm. My top plate I'm confused a bout a little. I have taken pictures am I measuring the lip in middle of the sub or the gap between the magnet and frame which doesn't appear to be any.

The lip is confusing though hopefully you can see with the angle of the picture. This must be the pole peice rising above the magnet?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No unfortunately i bought this as a project and the old coil wasn't included. It had been pulled from the spider and binned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I have worked out the top plate is 10mm. Coil is 42mm.

So 42-10 = 32/2 = 16mm

Mark 16mm from to of coil and that Mark should sit flush with top of plate??

Cheers Adam

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Ok so I have worked out the top plate is 10mm. Coil is 42mm.

So 42-10 = 32/2 = 16mm

Mark 16mm from to of coil and that Mark should sit flush with top of the top-plate??

Cheers Adam
fixed it for you. ▲

Set your coil position that way, but also make marks on the inside of the former. That way you can be absolutely sure it doesn't move when you put the spider on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts