DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this thread so bare with me. I just picked up a JL 450/4 amp, it's not new. I hooked it up all correctly, i know for sure. I'm not that smart when it comes to making amps work besides hooking them up and turning them on.

The amp comes on but has no output. I noticed there were no fuses on it. Im pretty sure the amps blown but i'll take any advice i can get as to why it might not be working. My other 4 channel amp works fine. There's also no shops near me that can fix the JL if i need to take it in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet, i thought that might be what i'd have to do..hopefully it's cheaper than buying a new one since shipping is ridiculous to and from here

·
Registered
491 Posts
sweet, i thought that might be what i'd have to do..hopefully it's cheaper than buying a new one since shipping is ridiculous to and from here
Just a couple of things you might want to check if you havent already. I would make sure your RCA's are sending a signal to the amp, next I would check to see if you have your input voltage set to low or high, and of course your gains.

Thats the only 2 things that i can think of. Maybe it will help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a couple of things you might want to check if you havent already. I would make sure your RCA's are sending a signal to the amp, next I would check to see if you have your input voltage set to low or high, and of course your gains.

Thats the only 2 things that i can think of. Maybe it will help.
It's on low input, the gains are down, and my other 4 channel amp works fine hooked up to the same connections. I did hook up only one channel on the JL though. Would it make a difference hookin up channels both 1 and 2? One of the guys at the local dealership said it should still work with only one channel wired. It makes sense but i didn't know for sure. Other than asking questions, i'm not letting them touch any of my gear. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts