DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 8 months, I've been researching various JL Audio subwoofer combinations for my Mustang build.

Most retailers have been "out of stock" of most models all this time. I'm assuming the pandemic or parts shortage is the cause, but haven't seen anything on JL Audio's website indicating delays.

Now just this week I noticed the prices jumped. For example, I've been considering a JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 10" subwoofer that retailed for $599 has increased to $679 and still "out of stock" everywhere.

I'm assuming JL Audio is attempting to make up for lost revenue. Unfortunately they won't get any profits from me, because now that subwoofer is out of my price range.

Anyone else notice the product shortage or recent price hikes?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
What you are experiencing is inflation that can be attributed to a massive influx of cash into the hands of the American people through 3 separate stimulus check payments sent out over the last year. I think it was $1200 per adult + $600 per child the first run, $900 per person the second time, and $1400 per person the last time. You are only seeing the beginning of much higher inflation to come. Prices on everything are going up like gas and durable goods to lumber and electronics. Even house prices in my area have skyrocket in the last year. There are also labor and material shortages exacerbating this from the pandemic, so lack of supply and high demand create higher prices.

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
What you are experiencing is inflation that can be attributed to a massive influx of cash into the hands of the American people through 3 separate stimulus check payments sent out over the last year. I think it was $1200 per adult + $600 per child the first run, $900 per person the second time, and $1400 per person the last time. You are only seeing the beginning of much higher inflation to come. Prices on everything are going up like gas and durable goods too lumber and electronics. Even house prices in my area have skyrocket in the last year. There are also labor and material shortages exacerbating this from the pandemic so lack of supply and high demand create higher prices.
You mean all that free money wasn't free? Grocery prices here in Vermont are skyrocketing and shelves are empty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the last 8 months, I've been researching various JL Audio subwoofer combinations for my Mustang build.

Most retailers have been "out of stock" of most models all this time. I'm assuming the pandemic or parts shortage is the cause, but haven't seen anything on JL Audio's website indicating delays.

Now just this week I noticed the prices jumped. For example, I've been considering a JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 10" subwoofer that retailed for $599 has increased to $679 and still "out of stock" everywhere.

I'm assuming JL Audio is attempting to make up for lost revenue. Unfortunately they won't get any profits from me, because now that subwoofer is out of my price range.

Anyone else notice the product shortage or recent price hikes?
I’ve got one with the original box I would consider selling. I think I going with 12’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Forgot to mention people are also getting (some are) their tax returns which also give incentive to buy goods and services at a higher rate than normal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Right, after this pandemic, we are going to see inflation, it's starting to happen.

The good news is, we won't have a depression - U.S. dollars are not backed by gold and are therefore not real - the government can print like it's Monopoly money, lol!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts