DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at this amp for my '03 F150 Crewcab Harley Edition. Not wanting to give up much space in the truck (not much to start with). This thing has a lot of power in such a small package. It will fit perfect under the rear seat with plenty of room for air flow. I saw this at a local stereo shop on a display, and it was really hot. The display was on but not playing and it seamed really hot for not being under a load. Was wondering if there is anyone on here that has used this amp that could chime in with any comments on the performance of this amp.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
A lot of people on this forum use this amp. Our resident product reviewer, bikinpunk, has one.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Had one Loved it, yes it gets hot but in my application in no way did it affect performance. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It is a VERY nice amplifier. Very flexible, clean and powerful. An amp like this would be great for a truck install. I would have a 2-way active frontstage with a single subwoofer. No real need for rearfill in a truck imo.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had 2 HD 600/4's in my F150 Super crew... 3 way front stage. They are nice sounding small amps, easy to tuck away!!!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
For the very short time mine was in the trunk it would seem very hot. However, it was hot while off. Just ambient conditions made it seem very hot. Under the seats I have a 900/5 and 600/4 and they barely get above ambient 90% of the time. Very nice amps.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
BTW see ebay section, someone on ebay has refurbs for $499 shipped I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow
I must be doing it wrong mine does not get that hot, well maybe a little. Any ways I got a new in the box with warrantee one off craigslist Orange County for like 4 bucks.

J.Wright

·
Registered
84 Posts
BTW see ebay section, someone on ebay has refurbs for $499 shipped I believe.
Damn it! Why do I always see these deals a day late?

I just dropped 3oo on the XD500.3, I would have been more then happy to drop another two bills on this sexy little amp :mean:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Let us know how it turns out :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
amazing price for a JL HD900 even if refurb- too bad I saw this thread too late. The XDs are no doubt another amp to consider, using similar and newer technology than the HD. You could also run a XD600/1 and a XD400/4 for whole setup.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey guys, dumb question, but this amp can be bridged into 3 channels, yes?

I am thinking of picking it up to power a CDT ES 642i 3 way that needs 250 rms.

It allows the sending of 500 watts at 4ohms to one (the 6.5 inch mid-bass) and a 100 to the 4 inch and tweets respectively, yes?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hey guys, dumb question, but this amp can be bridged into 3 channels, yes?

I am thinking of picking it up to power a CDT ES 642i 3 way that needs 250 rms.

It allows the sending of 500 watts at 4ohms to one (the 6.5 inch mid-bass) and a 100 to the 4 inch and tweets respectively, yes?
yeah you can bridge the 4 speaker channels and run it stricly as a mid bass and sub amp or on some coax's how ever you wish.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks....currently I have 2 ARC/FOOSE amps, one rated at 370 watts, the other 190. They are not enough to properly drive the system. They are, I believe, pretty decent quality.

What if I were to pick up the HD600/4 and use it for 4s and 6.5s, and keep one of the ARCs for the tweets?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts