DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm currently making some changes to my build and I was hoping to get some feedback on what new rear speakers I should go with. Currently in the front I have a JL Audio C3 6.5 component set and some old 6.5" Infinity Reference series 2-ways in the back running off the HU as well as a 10" W3v3 in a sealed box. Now I'm adding a Morel MPS 4.400 amp for the speakers and I'm planning to replace the old Infinities in the back with 6x9's. I think I've narrowed it down to 2:

JL C2-690tx
Morel Tempo Ultra 692 Integra

I was wondering if anyone here has used either of these? Would it be better to go with JL since my front speakers are already JL? Also since this is just for rear fill is it even worth the extra $70 for the Morel's over the JL's? Also are there any other speakers you would suggest looking at? My goal here is a sound quality build.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The best choice: none. And get rid of what you have in the rear. In a setup such as yours (no DSP I'm assuming) rear speakers only muddy and ruin your 'sound quality'.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can someone kindly explain why people are so stuck on rear speakers!? Is this some kind of holdover from 1980s where people were just concerned with overall volume and didnt know or care about proper soundstaging/imaging?
I understand it can be implemented, but thats at a substaintially higher cost than what most people would/could be willing to spend.
The obvious example is Andy Wehmeyer's Audiofrog Mercedes. However, this is in a completely different Universe as far as equipment and installations go.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cannot restate this enough - rear speakers are almost always unnecessary, take money from the important parts of the system, and generally make things sound worse.

Having said that, what is it that you are attempting/expecting to improve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts