DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, has anyone compared the JL 12w6v2 with the Arc 12? I think I have narrowed it down to these two choices. I have 1000 watts bridged @ 4 ohms for a pair. Any other suggested sealed box subs? I listen to hip-hop/rap but everything else too. Front components are Focal 165v30.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'll never vote against a 12W6. I haven't had much desire to try or buy any other sub since I got mine.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just bumping this up because I'm curious of the same type of comparison, but with the newer Arc Black 12 vs 12W6.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I had a 13W6 at one point and wasn't terribly impressed honestly I've heard great things about the Arc Black series subs and the regular Arc's are great too.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Can't speak for the ARC, but I love my w6's. I've had them off the PDX at 500 watts @ 4ohms each in 1cuft, 1.25cuft and 1.5cuft each (all sealed). The 1.5cuft per sub definitely sounds best. Least boomy, most accurate, best depth and goes lower. They can take a beating and have nice excursion. I've been contemplating lately putting them in IB form as I hear they sound even better.

Also, everyone always thinks that JL is SOOO expensive and overpriced. Their amps are incredible and anyone that knows audio can't doubt that. If your paying full MSRP, that's your fault lol. I picked up my 12w6's in the 1cuft/sub sealed box locally for $350. Can't beat that. Look around and see what's available for you if you're on a budget. Also, what about space requirements? Are you getting 2 subs b/c you want to be louder?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had my Arc Black 12" in my car for a few weeks. I also have owned, 13w6v2, w7 subs. The JL subs are great, but the I've NEVER owned a sub that has made me SMILE as much as the Black 12". EVERY song, EVERY note it does exactly what you expect it to do...

I rode around today playing everything from jazz to techno to hip hop... at no time was I not impressed!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would have to agree with Florida Rep on this one to. For the price you cant beat the Black 12 at all. I had the 12w6 and it did not excite me at all and then when I heard a Black 12 one day who was just a guy at the gas station that was showing people his Black 12 in action I was blown away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts