DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the newer RD series in any size and can share how they like it? The only experience I have is with the Slash series.

However, I have an opportunity to purchase a NIB RD1000 for $450.. so should I take it or leave it?

All opinions are appreciated.. Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
91 Posts
Per specs I’d lean towards the slash being a better unit. Lower THD. 12db and 24db slopes as opposed to just 12db on the RD. Also the Rd is only 1000w at 2 ohms. The slash is 1000 from 1.5-4 ohms. $450 is an ok deal for the RD but you ain’t stealing it by any means. MSRP is $600. You getting it from a dealer or no warranty situation. $450 is what I would expect to pay for a pretty nice 1000/1 v1 or v2. Even seen 1200/1v3 go for just a bit more in the past all used however.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Does anybody have the newer RD series in any size and can share how they like it? The only experience I have is with the Slash series.

However, I have an opportunity to purchase a NIB RD1000 for $450.. so should I take it or leave it?

All opinions are appreciated.. Thanks,

Ben
The RD's are good amps, nearly identical to the XD's. I haven't had any experience with the 1000 or any slash amps, so I can't offer any comparision info. Just that the RD's are good, low noise (none really), reliable, run cool.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Man **** that RD POS.. No RIPS, No Center, No Q, No Infrasonic = typical overpriced JL Garbage. I was told by the JL dealer in town that the RD model is replacing the Slash.. WTF!?

I bought a Slash 1200V3 instead. This will be used in the truck. I have a 1000V1 that I bought new years ago sitting in it's original box with manual, etc, that is too cherry to use. I also have 2 500V1s that I was considering running a master/slave to each coil, but now I am just going to run the 1200 at least until Nick drops his new Class D amps next month.. of which I will probably get the 3000.

That being said, I do appreciate the replies.. but this CASE IS CLOSED!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Man **** that RD POS.. No RIPS, No Center, No Q, No Infrasonic = typical overpriced JL Garbage. I was told by the JL dealer in town that the RD model is replacing the Slash.. WTF!?

I bought a Slash 1200V3 instead. This will be used in the truck. I have a 1000V1 that I bought new years ago sitting in it's original box with manual, etc, that is too cherry to use. I also have 2 500V1s that I was considering running a master/slave to each coil, but now I am just going to run the 1200 at least until Nick drops his new Class D amps next month.. of which I will probably get the 3000.

That being said, I do appreciate the replies.. but this CASE IS CLOSED!
Your argument is that you won't buy the JL because it doesn't have RIPS, an infrasonic filter, or a single parametric band EQ and it is overpriced, so instead you'll pay basically the same $/watt for an amp from an unknown build house sold buy a company with a spotty history of support which doesn't have RIPS, an infrasonic filter, or a single parametric band EQ?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excuse me.. but I am seriously confused by that reply. Me buying a black Slash 1200v3 instead.. is from an unknown build house by (not buy) a company with a spotty history of support which doesn't have the RIPS, IF filter, or parametric EQ!?

This is just what I gather from your reply, this is NOT my reply.. so verify that I understand you correctly and then I WILL OFFICIALLY REPLY! And yes.. go ahead and start holding your breath waiting for it motherfucker cuz my reply WILL come! Lol. ;)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Excuse me.. but I am seriously confused by that reply. Me buying a black Slash 1200v3 instead.. is from an unknown build house by (not buy) a company with a spotty history of support which doesn't have the RIPS, IF filter, or parametric EQ!?

This is just what I gather from your reply, this is NOT my reply.. so verify that I understand you correctly and then I WILL OFFICIALLY REPLY! And yes.. go ahead and start holding your breath waiting for it motherfucker cuz my reply WILL come! Lol. ;)
I think he was referring to the SI amp you hinted at.

Reactions: BJG

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
However, when Nick drops his Class D amps next month.. 100% chance they will be rated RMS at 12.5v and will provide every watt he advertises or more! He will NOT have his Stereo Integrity brand tarnished by an overrated amp!

Stereo Integrity, as a general rule, is rated very conservatibilty.. as everybody knows you can run 5x the RMS handling capability on his woofers!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think he was referring to the SI amp you hinted at.
Yeah, that was my intent. I dig the slashes (have three, two of which work great, one of which has the classic early daughter board issue from the V1). The SI amps...they aren't for me for a number of reasons, even personal opinions aside.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping for more tuning options on the SI amps.. what I absolutely LOVE THE MOST about Slash amps adjustable center frequency of the LPF. I see that option on no other amps.. tho that doesn't mean they do not exist.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was hoping for more tuning options on the SI amps.. what I absolutely LOVE THE MOST about Slash amps adjustable center frequency of the LPF. I see that option on no other amps.. tho that doesn't mean they do not exist.
One of the ideas of the SI amps as well as many other high end amps is that they DONT have those options. They have less circuitry for the signal to pass through, allowing for a lower noise floor.
That's one of the best things about the Mosconi Pro amps for example, you are able to completely bypass those options.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the ideas of the SI amps as well as many other high end amps is that they DONT have those options. They have less circuitry for the signal to pass through, allowing for a lower noise floor.
That's one of the best things about the Mosconi Pro amps for example, you are able to completely bypass those options.
Well you can completely disable all perimetric EQ options on a Slash amp with a flip of the switch as well.. but why not at least have the option? That way you could disable it entirely.. and I could use it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts