DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes this is what I'm set on and price is about the same here.
So what should I go with or is there any real difference? Tr series jl mids or KS series kicker mids.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you are not even open to the idea of something else, I suppose I would pick JL. What is the price? Would you be open to other suggestions? If not, why?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Will these be amped? look into Image dynamics, hybrid audio, hertz etc pretty much search around the forum and you'll see that you can possibly get a better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yess they will have an amp, im also installing rear seakers in addition to the doors. Already have subs. I am open to suggestions, that came across wrong. So suggest away.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The TR series by JL are not good. Go with the KS they're actually pretty good.
This is actually true, and I didn't think about what line you were asking about until after I had posted. I used to work at a JL dealer, and the TR line sucks. Don't waste your time or money on those. I've never heard the Kickers, but I can't imagine they are great. What is the price point?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have heard a lot of JL and Kicker stuff. Some JL sounds better than kicker and some of Kickers offerings sound better than JL, to me. If you know you want one of those two sets, see if your local dealers have them and go audition them and buy what you like best.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
This is actually true, and I didn't think about what line you were asking about until after I had posted. I used to work at a JL dealer, and the TR line sucks. Don't waste your time or money on those. I've never heard the Kickers, but I can't imagine they are great. What is the price point?
Yep. The TR line is horrible, C2 C3 C5 ZR lines are awesome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts