DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 649 Posts

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Yeah that got my attention. Been wanting a solid 100x8 amp for a while and might have to jump on it after the lineup has been field tested. I actually like the TuN software better than the Helix. Guess I'm just so used to that style of processing vs the paragraphic the Helix has.
People have been beta testing them for over 6 months Chris. JL doesnt release anything until they go thru real world testing, fix the problems reported and re-test.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
People have been beta testing them for over 6 months Chris. JL doesnt release anything until they go thru real world testing, fix the problems reported and re-test.
Just watched the video and I grossly misworded my reply. Keep calm Howard, I trust JL. Wating for user reviews not associated with JL is what I should have said.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
And are they quoting 2 ohm power on the fullrange amps? I know the xd's did 100 per channel at 2 ohms so would make sense, but misleading for those of us more interested in 4 ohm power.

·
18,499 Posts
These are very tempting. I wonder if they are bridgeable? The 800/8 bridged to a 6 channel seems perfect for my Miata.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t be. The 5-channel is. I’ve been beta testing since about September. Two 5-channels bridged down to provide 3 channel output to each side of my speakers (one amp on left, one amp on right). A 1000/1 for the subs.

Initially we (myself and other beta testers) had feedback on the interface and other mechanical-type things but as that feedback was incorporated to updates it just became a test of durability which I’ve had no complaints about thus far.

Overall, solid amps. Built in DSP is plenty sufficient for me (I don’t need 31 bands of EQ per speaker). The latest TuN update provides some nice features such as all-pass filters at the crossovers (or adjustable otherwise) and shelf filter. Two features I find extremely useful. Really small footprint. If you’re coming to the meet in NC next month you can have a test run of the interface if you’d like.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
How many other people on this forum field tested these amps? If this question is out of line it can be ignored.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Just watched the video and I grossly misworded my reply. Keep calm Howard, I trust JL. Wating for user reviews not associated with JL is what I should have said.

I was just letting you know that it’s been beta tested for months Chris I could care less if you are a fan or not. Just trying to inform you and answer your questions, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
TuN 3 on ios and osx, good news!

I don’t see why they wouldn’t be. The 5-channel is. I’ve been beta testing since about September. Two 5-channels bridged down to provide 3 channel output to each side of my speakers (one amp on left, one amp on right). A 1000/1 for the subs.

Initially we (myself and other beta testers) had feedback on the interface and other mechanical-type things but as that feedback was incorporated to updates it just became a test of durability which I’ve had no complaints about thus far.

Overall, solid amps. Built in DSP is plenty sufficient for me (I don’t need 31 bands of EQ per speaker). The latest TuN update provides some nice features such as all-pass filters at the crossovers (or adjustable otherwise) and shelf filter. Two features I find extremely useful. Really small footprint. If you’re coming to the meet in NC next month you can have a test run of the interface if you’d like.
Very interesting thx!
How does it manage the multiple units? does the soft manage them all at once or as multiple independent units/plugins ala minidsp?
Oh and can it import biquads?

·
1,959 Posts
If you’re coming to the meet in NC next month you can have a test run of the interface if you’d like.
Can I hold it? ;)

How does it manage the multiple units? does the soft manage them all at once or as multiple independent units/plugins ala minidsp?
Oh and can it import biquads?
That's what I was wondering. If you had two 5-ch amps, would you have to tune them independently?

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I was just letting you know that it’s been beta tested for months Chris I could care less if you are a fan or not. Just trying to inform you and answer your questions, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry if I seemed a little short this morning. This is why I should never post right after work or right when I wake up. Anyway, I'm a fan of these amps. They look really promising and I feel like this type of amp is the future of car audio. Lots of possibilities here. To be honest, the way an amp looks to me means nothing because my installs keep them out of sight and out of mind. I'll talk to Erin about them in a few weeks.

·
18,499 Posts
Can I hold it?

That's what I was wondering. If you had two 5-ch amps, would you have to tune them independently?

As it stands, I’m using a hub to switch between each amp’s interface. The switching is quick and painless, though. It’s not ideal but it’s tolerable. This may be different now since they announced a BT module and some hub device for controlling multiple amps. Even us beta testers didn’t get the extras they are putting out with these so there may be more they’re doing or done that I’m not aware of.

Remember that the pre-outs can send processed signal. So if you had a 5-channel and a mono amp, the 5-channel could process the subwoofer signal and you can spit that out via the pre-outs to your sub amp and avoid having to make changes to the mono DSP/amp.

21 - 40 of 649 Posts