DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

641 - 660 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Jimvette, I will be using a VX800/8i and VX1000/1i. From a signal chain standpoint, I thought it would be better to use TOSLINK out of the 8ch and into the mono amp but it doesn't look like we can do that and retain DSP control of the digital out. RCA's it is!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Jimvette, I will be using a VX800/8i and VX1000/1i. From a signal chain standpoint, I thought it would be better to use TOSLINK out of the 8ch and into the mono amp but it doesn't look like we can do that and retain DSP control of the digital out. RCA's it is!
That is correct! I have the VX800/8i and the VX600/1i and it works great using the RCA!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am doing the same as well. I like the 800 better than the 600 for a 3-way because you can bridge 4 channels for more power to the midbass speakers. The vxi basically have 2 extra channels of dsp using rca outputs so you can control any 2 or 1 channel amp from it. Unless you just really want them to match the second amp can be anything. Mine will not be visible so I selected an amp with more power than the vxi1000 that was about 1/3 the price. That vxi1000 is pretty expensive for a sub amp because it has many features like the dsp that you will not use if connected to a vxi800.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a question about bridging the vx800/8i. Can I run channels 1&2 to 2 4ohm tweeters and channels 3&4 bridged to a single 8 ohm center channel speaker. 5/6 and 7/8 will be bridged to the 2 4ohm midbass speakers.
If I run a 4 ohm center I am sure 1 channel would probably be sufficient and just leave 1 channel unused but I am looking at running a Scanspeak 10f 8ohm and think that since 8 ohm will only use about 1/2 the power that I might as well bridge the 2 channels if possible. So my 2 questions are, will the amp do this and does this sound like a good idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am doing the same as well. I like the 800 better than the 600 for a 3-way because you can bridge 4 channels for more power to the midbass speakers. The vxi basically have 2 extra channels of dsp using rca outputs so you can control any 2 or 1 channel amp from it. Unless you just really want them to match the second amp can be anything. Mine will not be visible so I selected an amp with more power than the vxi1000 that was about 1/3 the price. That vxi1000 is pretty expensive for a sub amp because it has many features like the dsp that you will not use if connected to a vxi800.
I was battling a long time about doing 3 amps.

VX600/6i on tweets, midrange, rears
VX600/2i on midbass
VX1000/1i on subs.

Basically get that same power on midbass without bridging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I recently got a VX800/8i and a VX1000/1i and I gotta say I was surprised at how heavy these guys are. They just scream density to me when I pick one up. Anyway, these will be replacing 2 HD600/4’s and 3 HD750/1’s and an Audiocontrol DM-810 to run 3 ways with rear fill and 3 10’s. Yes, I’m losing a lot of power, but 5 amps is just a nightmare wiring-wise! Wanted something simple, clean, and effective and I think this will fit the bill.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Renegade
45 Posts
I recently got a VX800/8i and a VX1000/1i and I gotta say I was surprised at how heavy these guys are. They just scream density to me when I pick one up. Anyway, these will be replacing 2 HD600/4’s and 3 HD750/1’s and an Audiocontrol DM-810 to run 3 ways with rear fill and 3 10’s. Yes, I’m losing a lot of power, but 5 amps is just a nightmare wiring-wise! Wanted something simple, clean, and effective and I think this will fit the bill.
I think you will be happy with your decision.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was powering the front stage with vxi800 and my installer replaced it with 2 vxi1000/5i's per side. Bridging 1&2 for tweets,3&4 for mids & sub channel for 8" midbass 400 wrms same on both sides. Seems like i lost clarity not as clean as it was with the 800. Everything handles the power well just seems like bridging the mids & tweets dulls the signal. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even if I have a 8i feeding a 1i with RCA’s, I’ll still need to usb into the mono amp to set initial gain correct? Little unclear how that part works. I have my amps installed, just haven’t powered anything up yet as I’m working on mounting the front stage speakers and have to build a new sub box first.

Edit- I’m pretty sure the input gain (as well as output) needs set 1 time on the second VXi. Got the system powered up, so far just with rear fill coax’s and ZR800’s in my doors, gotta fab the sails for my mids/highs. Digging it though. Super cool to pull up Tun on the iPad and look at ambient temp, the ps temp, and system voltage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The interior looks basically stock. I have a C7-650cw in the door, a C7-350cm in the dash and a C7-100ct tweeter in the pillar. There is also a C7-350cm in the center dash location. The subwoofer is one of our marine infinite-baffle 10-inch woofers (M10IB5) bolted to the factory subwoofer hole in the rear deck, with an adaptor. All of these are factory locations, and the speakers are behind factory grilles.

Rear speakers are the stock Bose speakers.

A VX800/8i runs all the speakers, except for the subwoofer. Six channels drive the C7 3-way systems (left and right), one channel runs the center speaker and the remaining channel drives the rear door speakers in mono. A VX1000/1i runs the subwoofer (a bit of overkill, really).

The only other box in the car is a NavTV GM650 MOST interface, which provides a digital optical audio signal to the VXi amplifiers.

Here is a picture of the amps and the sub in the trunk. Very simple.

IMG_8575.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nice install, but that caddy is a far cry from a corrado. i’m a little disappointed not to see something german in your stable😀

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an Audison Bit 10 and XDv2 700/5. I am upgrading amp and originally gonna go with the HD 900/5 but for a few hundred more I could get the VXI 1000/5 and sell the Audison DSP. Should I spend the extra $ for the VXI or is the HD a better amp with an already installed Audison DSP. Have to make a decision by Thursday!

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
I have an Audison Bit 10 and XDv2 700/5. I am upgrading amp and originally gonna go with the HD 900/5 but for a few hundred more I could get the VXI 1000/5 and sell the Audison DSP. Should I spend the extra $ for the VXI or is the HD a better amp with an already installed Audison DSP. Have to make a decision by Thursday!
I would personally sell the current Audison Bit10 and XDv2 and run the VXi amp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys new here. I've read this entire thread and I wanted to ask something. I have a 2020 f250 crew cab with the B&O premium sound. I'm planning on using a nav tv Zen a2b interface to tie into the stock system. For driver's I'm looking at c7 3 way set up up front and for the rear doors I have the option to use a c5 components of c5 coaxials. For woofers I'm going to be running 2 12TW3 woofers downfiring under the rear seat. I recently acquired a vxi 1000/5 and a vxi 1000/1. I'm not seeing how I would hook this up and make it work with these 2 amps. Would it be better to go with a 800/8 and a 1000/1 or 2 1000/5? Again any help would be appreciated

641 - 660 of 694 Posts