DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

681 - 694 of 694 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
They've been around for 20-ish years. They are good amps, but I can't think of any other consumer electronics that have been around that long.
Those discontinuation of those bulletproof indestructible Slash Amps are the final straw between me and JL Audio entirely!

Man for better or worse, times have changed.. but unfortunately JL Audio is still stuck in 2000. :cry:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those discontinuation of those bulletproof indestructible Slash Amps are the final straw between me and JL Audio entirely!

Man for better or worse, times have changed.. but unfortunately JL Audio is still stuck in 2000. :cry:
Yes, stuck in the year 2000 with the best integrated DSP amplifiers in the market 😂

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Yes, stuck in the year 2000 with the best integrated DSP amplifiers in the market 😂
All the money I have spent on JL Audio over the years is insane.. but where has their R&D been for the last 20 years?

I'm not nit picking here.. but somebody show me any sort of forward progress in the last 20yrs and I will stand corrected and edit this reply!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
All the money I have spent on JL Audio over the years is insane.. but where has their R&D been for the last 20 years?

I'm not nit picking here.. but somebody show me any sort of forward progress in the last 20yrs and I will stand corrected and edit this reply!
Not feeling the VXi lineup eh? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
So they are at least comparable to the HELIX DSP amplifiers?
They still use Tun3, correct? I couldn't see how they are comparable if so. I really want to like TuN but imo it's just not as good as the Helix software.

I've not owned any of the VXi linup but I have a Twk88 and a Helix DSP (original) and the Helix software is so much smoother than TuN.

It seems like simple UI things that need to be changed vs the Helix software, making the mouse-click targets bigger and easier to click on, make the mute buttons bigger, things of that nature. TuN is easy on a desktop w/ a mouse but is a PITA in a car with a touchpad.

The newer Auto TA and Auto EQ features of the Helix software are apparently excellent also. Does JL have anything similar yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this...You're upset that they discontinued the Slash series, and say they're stuck in 2000...You DO realize that the Slash series came out in 2000? What...

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this...You're upset that they discontinued the Slash series, and say they're stuck in 2000...You DO realize that the Slash series came out in 2000? What...
What do you mean by what do I mean? They came out in 2000 and the Slash XXXX/1 VX are not much different than the V1.. and this is 2021 in case you've forgotten.

·
Registered
802 Posts
What do you mean by what do I mean? They came out in 2000 and the Slash XXXX/1 VX are not much different than the V1.. and this is 2021 in case you've forgotten.
You are upset that they are discontinuing the Slash series, a 20+ year old line. But also upset that they are stuck in the past.

Do you not see how those two thoughts contradict each other?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to determine head unit clipping using the VXi series amps? I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler with the 8.4" factory Alpine head unit. I am using the PAC Audio AP4-CH41 to send the factory radio output to a VX1000/5i. I want to know at what precise volume level my head unit clips so I can accurately set input sensitivity on my amp.

JL Audio recommends setting all head units to 75% max volume (29 out of 38 in my case), but I am OCD and what to know the precise value at which my head unit clips. Anyway the VXi can do this?

681 - 694 of 694 Posts