DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a small 6 channel amp to power a 3 way active front stage. processing will be done with a bitone, so onboard processing isnt an issue.

i also dont care much about effecency. i have a big enough alternator and battery. sub is a 10" ultimo, probably will be powered by a jl hd750/1

i have limited room so thats why im looking at a single 6 channel amp.

speakers are

focal k2p mids in the door stock location
audison voce 3" mids in a-pillar
scan speak illuminator 3/4" dome in a-pillar

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone, i like the size of the xd600/6 but i dont know if its going to be enough power for the k2p mids. i know its probably a better idea just to get two xd400/4 and bridge one for the mids, but i dont want to pay the extra $300 to do that and the extra space.

·
Registered
482 Posts
just hooked up my xd600/6 yesterday running my midbase and my mids (2 x 200, 2 x 75) and am very pleased so far with volume, output, etc... Not really 3-way, but running very well in my two-way.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G6600 has been discontinued for a while..
yeah, but they are still pretty easy to get new, or slightly used, but i will probably get the xd600/6. i mean i just dont want t spend a bunch of money on this system cause i may only have the car another year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just bought a brand new xd600/6 on ebay for $299 shipped, i couldnt pass up that deal.

looks like my lrx's will be for sale. i have a 5.1k and a 2.4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts