DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi First I want to say Hi And Thank you to everyone for any advice, I have been reading a bunch of the other postings and enjoy reading about everyone's advice. Now on to it. I have a JK Wrangler 2 door with a RHR MyGig head unit going to a Alpine PXA-H660 to a Alping PDX F4 and a MRP M500 for mono. the speakers are JL C5 components in front JL C2 coax in Sound bar and A 8W3V3-4 in the Stock enclosure in the rear. I am thinking about upgrading the mono amp and then started looking at the 5 channels as an alternative, My question is first am I loosing anything by going with 1 amp or is it better to stay with seperate ones? which would offer the best sound Quality? I will find a place to mount something a bit bigger but if I can stay with a small form factor great as space is a premium hence the stock sub enclosure. Also I do not know if it is the definitely the amps fault but the Sub Pops when I turn it on, and I do have a small amount of noise coming from the speakers between songs. If I can get rid of those things that would be great. I am not looking to enter any SPL Contests but I do want very crisp clean and full sound at low and High volumes. (I know that is what most want) and I don't want to take out a mortgage to get it. Any help opinions and suggestions appreciated Thanks sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I am just looking for opinions on the JL HD900/5 the Alpine PDX V9 possibly the JBL MS A 1004 and the MS A5001 or other options also if I can get rid of the Alpine processor with the High levels in would that be a good idea or is it better than going direct? Thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm a big fan of having a single amp to simplify wiring if nothing else. I currently have the HD900/5 and love it. Prior to that I've owned/used the JL XD700/5 and 500/5, and Audison SRx5. The XD700/5 would be hard to beat with your setup and can be found +/- $300 refurbished on ebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the response, I just pulled the trigger on the pdx v9 at a great price, The Jl being close to double did not help. I have the PDX F4 now and my main thing was upgrading the sub amp, I am thinking about adding either one of the Jl 6" subs under my seat or somewhere or another 8 in back not sure yet I think it still needs some more low end at times. I did try the 6 under the seat in the box that jl has and it was some better but still needed power so I decided to upgrade the amp first. Right now the top and doors are on (winter Sucks) but with everything off i loose all of my low range, I do use a duster deck cover over the back in the summer with the seat out which helps a little but not enough. then I also do have a problem with the seat in that I don't have any room so the second 8 would have to be removable. the other thing I am thinking of possible a shallow 10 and sell the 8 do 1 box a little bigger than stock and see how that does, but i just don't know. I love great sounding music and I bought the absolute worst vehicle for it, but I love the Jeep. so I guess I am on the endless quest to get it to sound good, Has anyone done imaging tweeters in one of these or should I make a new thread for that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish you guys would have posted earlier, i just went out and got it this afternoon but not in yet idonno

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have had personal experience with the JL's, but I believe the Alpine you got will do great.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
the alpine is a good choice, they all come down to preference. i don't think any will really do you wrong. just take your time and do the install right. you will be good!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
metanium- how did you like the audison SRx5? I took a listen to the sr4 and wasnt too pleased with the floor noise...
It wasn't noisy, just not enough power for my tastes and kind of gutless on the sub channel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts