DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to share with you that a wonderful article about me and my Magic Bus appeared in last week's issue of San Diego City Beat. I hope you enjoy reading my responses to Kinsee Morlan's interesting questions. Please note that the beautiful photo used in the article was taken by Dennis Reiter of Chrome Digital (www.chromedigital.com). Here's the link:

www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/blog-378-the-magic-bus.html

jon w. - PLEASE SIGN UP AS A SIGNATURE VENDOR IF YOU WISH TO PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE ON OUR FORUM.

jon w. - PLEASE SIGN UP AS A SIGNATURE VENDOR IF YOU WISH TO PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE ON OUR FORUM.

· Registered
79 Posts
I would like to congratulate you Jon W. for your limitless efforts in promoting our wonderful hobby of hi-fi sound reproduction in a vehicle...
We need to open people's eyes(ears)to hi-end car audio...
Please, keep sharing your "magic bus" with as many fellows as possible...
It deserves all the publicity it gets. One of a kind...

:cool:

· Registered
132 Posts
These threads are nothing more than spam IMO.

I don't doubt you're extremely talented and have built a great vehicle, but at the end of the day you aren't contributing anything to this forum.

Why not post a build log? Or at the very least an equipment list and some pictures? All you're doing is promoting your "Magic Bus" listening sessions.

· Registered
775 Posts
I know my favorite part of this hobby is having people piss all over MY hard work.

Never heard the bus and in all likliehood probably never will, but congratulations for a job well done.

· Registered
4,005 Posts
again man, please post some pictures or something.

and i urge you to compete in IASCA or MECA car audio sound quality competitions to legitimize your conclusions that your van is the best mobile audio system. Unless you win, it is not the best. I bet you that there are quite a few competitors and judges that will give you a run for your money sir.

· Premium Member
5,053 Posts
again man, please post some pictures or something.

and i urge you to compete in IASCA or MECA car audio sound quality competitions to legitimize your conclusions that your van is the best mobile audio system. Unless you win, it is not the best. I bet you that there are quite a few competitors and judges that will give you a run for your money sir.
I believe he competed w the 1st version in Novice/Rookie or maybe even amateur and Won IASCA Finals in like 06 or something

· Registered
529 Posts
These threads are nothing more than spam IMO.

I don't doubt you're extremely talented and have built a great vehicle, but at the end of the day you aren't contributing anything to this forum.

Why not post a build log? Or at the very least an equipment list and some pictures? All you're doing is promoting your "Magic Bus" listening sessions.
His build is well documented. Can't get through to his site at the moment. I hoped to post a link. Tons of info if you Google his name.

No doubt his vehicle must sound great. It certainly would not be the choice of vehicle for most.

"Shameless self promoter" may be a bit harsh-maybe not.

I read somewhere that he was organizing a sort of get together to honor his creation. Some big-wig would be available to critique auto sound systems for some outrageous fee like a hundred or so dollars per half hour. That really put me off. I wonder if anybody paid.

· Registered
4,005 Posts
I believe he competed w the 1st version in Novice/Rookie or maybe even amateur and Won IASCA Finals in like 06 or something
But not with this van Mic. Until he competes wth the big dogs he is just spouting assumptions.

· Registered
5,299 Posts
There are people with great sounding cars that don't compete. ;)

Jon is very knowledgeable about Audio and has gained respect in an area we only wish we could attain "Home Audio" Audiophiles do not consider Car Audio even worth considering and here Jon is getting noticed and praised by the experts. I have heard the Magic Bus and in my opinion Jon has accomplished something to be proud of.

· Registered
4,005 Posts
okay. so you heard it and it was nice.

why cant he post pictures on here, or list any information other than some interview that explains nothing about the system other than its better than any other mobile stereo ever and should be in a museum.

personally, if i went to an IASCA or MECA show, and this guy started talking like that. i would laugh at him and walk away.

humble yourself a little John, take the ***** off the pedestal. your just keeping it up there on that pedestal. just take it down john, take it down.

· Registered
562 Posts
His website details his system. Lots of pretty pictures. Just a click away.

· Premium Member
1,836 Posts
1. Opinions are one thing. But the personal attacks are absolutely unnecessary, and are much too prevalent on this site and serve so meaningful purpose. How about considering how much more forthcoming Jon (or anyone else) might be if you asked nicely rather than attack their integrity?

2. Do not presume that because a vehicle "wins" a competition that it reproduces music in a manner that most would consider enjoyable, much less realistic. Remember that competition results are in the hands of individuals who, notwithstanding whatever guidelines are in place, have their own biases and physical attributes or limitations that affect how they hear and perceive things, and their decisions are, for the most part, subjective. Only YOU can determine whether the Magic Bus is worthy of the accolades that others have given it. And, perhaps Jon has reached the conclusion that given the music listening, recording, electronics design, acoustic design, and other relevant experience that he and those who have assisted him in this current iteration of the Magic Bus have in the aggregate, that he does not need some "judge" who could not tell you the difference between a bassoon and an oboe, or a cornet, flugelhorn or trumpet, in a recording, to validate or opine on the sonic merits of his Magic Bus. ;)

3. I heard the original version of the Magic Bus, and to my ear (which I trust greatly), it did a number of things really well, and fell short in other areas. I can't wait to hear the current version. I hope Jon continues to promote the **** out of the Magic Bus because people whose ears I trust and respect say it's that good and the more people are exposed to realistic reproduction of music the better off all in this hobby will be.

· Registered
529 Posts
I dont think it is to be honest. He comes on here JUST to post crap about himself and his van. People ask questions and he rarely comes back to answer them. He isn't here to help the board/fellow members or learn himself, he is here just to promote himself/his van.
I tend to agree with you. I was playing the devil's advocate, so to speak.:)

In his defense, his build is so well documented that studying it can't help helping the average diy'er. Average diy'er he is not.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.