DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
That's the latest date they have so it's possible they did get rid of the New UI. I'm still running on the March version myself but on those, they had Old and New UI files separately named. They don't for the latest update so it is possible it's all "Old UI" now. Not sure without digging.
Gotcha, looks like I reinstalled the old UI twice unnecessarily, haha. Now I can go back and fix all of my settings.

·
Listener of Music
4,570 Posts
Sorry. But it was definitely better to make sure. When we were in that thread after you order yours the still had both UI's. That was the last I looked. Those settings I mentioned are in that UI somewhere.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As an update they finally agreed to replace the box part of the head unit. They want a $70 deposit with a $30 shipping charge. They will refund the $70 deposit when they get the box part of the unit back. I have asked for their address because I highly suspect it will cost at least $50 plus to send it back to China. I'm sorry that I am crapping on this thread but I want everyone to know the situation with what can happen if something goes wrong.

Reactions: Jscoyne2

·
Registered
682 Posts
As an update they finally agreed to replace the box part of the head unit. They want a $70 deposit with a $30 shipping charge. They will refund the $70 deposit when they get the box part of the unit back. I have asked for their address because I highly suspect it will cost at least $50 plus to send it back to China. I'm sorry that I am crapping on this thread but I want everyone to know the situation with what can happen if something goes wrong.
Same thing happened to me, I got off easy. It was only 50 bucks for the replacement “mental box” and they covered shipping. They then sent me the wrong mental box that did not work, and then sent another. Customer service was a shat show but in the end I would still buy another.
The issue I have with it is phone calls. The person on the other end can’t hear me well. They say it sounds like I am stuck inside a mental box.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I'm recycling the mic from either my old Sony, or Kenwood, I don't recall which is in there right now. I haven't heard any specific complaints yet.

I do get a strange, occasional issue with the audio from Siri. Some times the response from Siri will sound super low-fi, and underwater. I don't know if this has anything to do with bluetooth. The warning when using Carplay is to not connect with bluetooth while using, which is confusion because I believe bluetooth is required to make the connection to Carplay wirelessly. Am I expected to connect, then manually turn off bluetooth? Maybe the issue isn't even related.

·
Listener of Music
4,570 Posts
For all three units we use daily you have to have BT on and then it automatically connects. I never touch the manual bt connection.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
For all three units we use daily you have to have BT on and then it automatically connects. I never touch the manual bt connection.
Same here, but there is a message that pops up for about 5 seconds that mentions turning off BT. I'll double check exactly what it says. Maybe it's meant for wired Carplay.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the Joying mic in the upper left corner of the windshield, works perfectly. I haven't tried the mic that is integral to the screen (though I don't see an opening on my 10.1 1920x1200 screen).
BT on my 10.1/7862 always connects immediately (Samsung S21).
I have a Bixby route to launch a Wi-Fi hotspot on my phone when it makes a BT connection with the Joying, but sometimes the Joying is slow in connecting to the hotspot (but if I go to the Wi-Fi settings screen, it picks it up immediately). It takes 2 button presses to speed this up, so hardly a big deal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am curious about offline map apps. With google you can download them but you get no traffic data which is a limitation. Is it possible to have offline maps and then connect the joying to your phone via BT or WIFI to enable it to use those offline and then add in the additional features that come with connectivity?

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I am curious about offline map apps. With google you can download them but you get no traffic data which is a limitation. Is it possible to have offline maps and then connect the joying to your phone via BT or WIFI to enable it to use those offline and then add in the additional features that come with connectivity?
Maybe I'm missing your point, but if you have a phone with BT or Wifi, then why wouldn't you just use it with Carplay, or Android Auto? You can use Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc. without needing to bother with offline navigation.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Because that doesn't fit my requirement. My requirement is offline maps and if needed on the fly traffic data.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Because that doesn't fit my requirement. My requirement is offline maps and if needed on the fly traffic data.
My assumption is that if you have google maps open and it picks up a network connection that it will reach out for that data natively without needing to touch anything. I just don't know.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Do you use a backup camera with any of yours? I put in a new backup camera along with the Joying and the resolution is garbage. I used the same brand of backup camera that I had before, I just bought one that mounted diferently. I thought they were the exact same camera, except for the mount, but the combination of this camera and the Joying is pretty bad. It works, but it's like an old standard def TV.

I don't know if it's the Joying, or the specific camera, maybe the camera was more different than the previous one than I realized. I'm not sure I can salvace the old camera's wiring well enough to test it with the Joying.

·
Listener of Music
4,570 Posts
I do and the resolution and night vision. is fantastic. It is always a steady picture though. I use Joying cameras. There is a definition setting and a power on/off setting. With Joying cameras if you don't turn the power setting to on it will be crappy and black and white.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I do and the resolution and night vision. is fantastic. It is always a steady picture though. I use Joying cameras. There is a definition setting and a power on/off setting. With Joying cameras if you don't turn the power setting to on it will be crappy and black and white.
Hmm, thanks. I'll look into the camera. I tried the "AHD" setting and it didn't make a difference. I really wish they would make their settings easier to understand, some are just jibberish.

I do think though, that the camera I bought is different than the previous one besides just having a different mounting style.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got a Joying unit to install in my new (new to me) Corvette c6.Hooked in the after market kit to the factor harness, all seems good, BUT, I have not powered up amps yet. I see the blue amp remote power wire, but there is an orange wire that says ... if I remember correctly, "Amp cont." and it shows that wore running to the amps 12v power supply. WTH would this be for? Is it needed?

I wired up the reverse camera and it comes on, but right now I think it is wired to the break lights. I used the GREEN wire that a guy on youtube said it was. I havent driven it yet, but when you push the break to put it into reverse, the camera comes on, before Ive put it in reverse. Not happy with this even though it is a simpke fix.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Amp control it is. This is what is normally "amp remote". Joying blue cable is marked "ant cont" which is for radio antena. Strange enough, orange with black strip marked "amp cont" is to turn on the amps connected.
If you have possibility, connect "brake" to reverse light 12V, that would turn the camera when in reverse, not when you press brake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Amp control it is. This is what is normally "amp remote". Joying blue cable is marked "ant cont" which is for radio antena. Strange enough, orange with black strip marked "amp cont" is to turn on the amps connected.
If you have possibility, connect "brake" to reverse light 12V, that would turn the camera when in reverse, not when you press brake.
I got the crux wiring adapter harness since I dont have factory SWC. I think I ust have been seeing the blue wire from that harness that is the amp turn on, then the orange from the Joying will get connected to that. But I swear the diagram shows that orange wire going to the continuous power on the amp..... but it does make sense the way you described.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the crux wiring adapter harness since I dont have factory SWC. I think I ust have been seeing the blue wire from that harness that is the amp turn on, then the orange from the Joying will get connected to that. But I swear the diagram shows that orange wire going to the continuous power on the amp..... but it does make sense the way you described.
Take a look at the joying side of the harness (pic attached). Now, orange marked Back is power for the reverse camera (that's why amp works anyway, as getting 12v but "amp cont" will turn the amps with slight delay, so there is no pop)
Font Parallel Magenta Diagram Engineering

61 - 80 of 126 Posts