DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, it's Android, which is built on a Linux kernel; so I would expect it to work with just about anything on the market today. 500gb was probably all they tested it with at the time the website was written.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks CrimsonCountry! That's honestly better news than I expected. Their website says they support up to 500gb external HDD, which kind of bummed me out a little. 1tb might be a little easier to deal with. What kind of drives have you used? Just normal external usb powered SSD's? I have a Samsung T7 1tb SSD, it it would be a big bonus to not have to purchase a new drive for this.
The larger 4tb ones are standard 2.5" HDDs. I have a 1tb SSD I was going to mount and use but haven't gotten around to it. I've got a 256gb card on my phone so I used it a lot instead. The HDDs are more for my carpc.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Sonata V6
681 Posts
My Android based Stinger Heigh10 is easily working with 50K+ files at 1.3TB total. Still plenty of space on the 2TB 2.5" NTFS SSD in USB enclosure. Not a Joying unit, but shows Android is certainly capable of tons of music.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very Cool. Looking forward to carrying most of my music at all times. I will use AA some, but I'd prefer to not have to, to access my library. My brother will use my car as well, and want everything to be simple

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Sonata V6
681 Posts
Having essentially everything I want to listen to in FLAC format, always at the ready without any other devices or internet connection is such a huge deal. I don't miss my days of 1000+ CDs in big, heavy binders!

Reactions: JBL4312A and Bodido

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back in the day I used to look like I came from out of town every time I got home. A case logic bag holding 30 CD's in the jewel boxes over each shoulder and my pullout Clarion in case logic bag in my hand. Lol.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts