DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

· jtaudioacc
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 10+ years I've owned a 2004 Scion XB. It's been through a fair share of equipment and changes. Sometimes being close to finished, but never really got there. Usually, the equipment change was due to me not offering that brand anymore, or the equipment being discontinued. I'm going to attempt to change that, at least for a little while. :p

Some plans are:

iPad and Alpine H800/C800 combo.
multiple speaker setups for demo purposes
just plain finish the rear end of the system.

First, I'll share a few pics of some stuff I've done in the past...tomorrow, when I wake up. lol

· jtaudioacc
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the new stuff.

I don't really remember the order of history of these source units I used, well, between the Camry Navigation unit and Carputer. But here they are...

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1518648_10152146081139174_2055265497_o.jpg

the carputer was cool, but just way too slow of a bootup. this was a while ago, and so wasn't as refined as it is now.

the Camry radio was something I used so it looked stock. in the end, when adding up all the adapters needed to do various things like sat radio, ipod, backup camera, it was just cheaper and better to go aftermarket. so, i sold the camry radio while people still wanted it.

· Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss Crew Cab
2,462 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more great install work from you John.

Keep those pics coming.

· jtaudioacc
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, here's something that most likely won't change at all that anyone that's come to the meets have seen, my kick panels.

having the drivers in the doors, i finally decided to make a change and loose the resonance that would drive me crazy.

the kicks house Hybrid Audio Technologies L8SE. i did the best i could venting them into the uni-body frame rails. it could be better, but structurally, i didn't want to cut any more metal than i had.

· Registered
2,216 Posts
Sub'd for this one too. I am so happy to see you have 8s in your kicks. I will be wanting to hear that for sure and will likely be talking to you about this a fair amount.;) I want to see just how intrusive they are to everyday driving and what exactly is entailed for my vehicle to get this done. Mostly interested in what to do with the wiring bundles (if movement is even necessary). Great job so far as always tho man.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.