What should I do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I do not need any help. But in this case I just can not decide how I want to go on this.

I will be using 4 Pioneer Premier 10" TS-W2502D2. I already have them sitting around new in the box. I have about 3000 watts of old school Infinity power to throw at them. They will be the sub stage in a 4 way set up. So playing somewhere around 70Hz and down only. The mid bass will have 400-600 watts at its disposal so they should have no problem keeping up.

But here is my dilemma. I can not deiced if I want to go ported, sealed, or Infinite baffle. Space is not really a problem so having 4 boxes that are basically 20" x 20" x 11.5" is not a big deal. That box will leave me tuned between 24.07Hz and 26.48Hz depending on speaker displacement. (Why have they stopped listing this spec?) Sealed I looked at 1ft^3 then tried it at 600ft^3 and there was not much of a change. So that then made me consider infinite baffle and putting the back wave outside under the vehicle.

Now we know the pros and cons of each method. And this is where I just can not make up my mind.

I might remove a window and make a baffle to test how 1 of them does IB. There is a nice spot on the floor I can cut out and recess to make the baffle. The elements will not be an issue if I go the IB route.

Being there is not a conceived large difference I do not think I will do the small sealed box as of writing this. So I am down to ported or IB.

So what do you think I should do? Maybe you can sway me 1 way or another. I promise there will be a build thread for this system and it will not disappoint when I am finished.

Here is the win ISD.

Subs in question if you want to see them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you want no low-end go sealed. But IMO if you go ported, you should go for a curve that doesn't peak much, maybe 1-2db tops. The flatter the better, unless you don't care about sound quality and only care about spl.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Now we know the pros and cons of each method. And this is where I just can not make up my mind.

and what are we supposed to actually DO for you???

Make up your mind?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want no low-end go sealed. But IMO if you go ported, you should go for a curve that doesn't peak much, maybe 1-2db tops. The flatter the better, unless you don't care about sound quality and only care about spl.
I want both actually. Under normal conditions the subs will not be turned up very high. You can adjust that in the HU an old 8v Eclipse. I have kids that will be in it a lot of the time. But I do still like being a bass head from time to time if I am alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts