DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past few months I have been looking at car audio stuff for a new audio setup and I have a few configurations I think with be good.

1st:
JBL MS-8
HAT Unity Front
HAT Imagine Rear Fill
I have a Alpine MRPF-300 that I would use as an amp.
Low end would come later when I have no need for the trunk to haul my stuff across the country.

2nd:
JBL-MS-8
HAT Imagine Front Component Active
HAT Imagine Rear Coax
Soundstream Stealth STL6.620 (6 channel)
again rear fill will come later

3rd:
Any recommendations by you.

Will be making speaker baffles, using extruded butyl to seal speaker and doors, and CLD tiles to dampen vibrations. I do not have the money for CCF or MLV right now so that will have to wait as well.

I am looking for the BEST SQ I can get.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
So for the past few months I have been looking at car audio stuff for a new audio setup and I have a few configurations I think with be good.

1st:
JBL MS-8
HAT Unity Front
HAT Imagine Rear Fill
I have a Alpine MRPF-300 that I would use as an amp.
Low end would come later when I have no need for the trunk to haul my stuff across the country.

2nd:
JBL-MS-8
HAT Imagine Front Component Active
HAT Imagine Rear Coax
Soundstream Stealth STL6.620 (6 channel)
again rear fill will come later

3rd:
Any recommendations by you.

Will be making speaker baffles, using extruded butyl to seal speaker and doors, and CLD tiles to dampen vibrations. I do not have the money for CCF or MLV right now so that will have to wait as well.

I am looking for the BEST SQ I can get.
The second option seems pretty solid. A single 12 in s smallish sealed encllosure wouldnt take up much space at all in the trunk.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to put the new 10 inch Imagine subwoofer when I get the chance, but i literally have no free space because I go to school in Michigan and live in Florida and have to carry my life in the car basically. So unfortunately no low end for now. I'm mostly worried about the 6ch amp because I wasn't sure if it would really affect SQ or if a watt really is a watt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts