DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car with this head unit already installed, never installed a head unit in a car before. The guy did a good job, but the BT mic audio quality is AWFUL. People can't understand me even if I'm practically yelling directly into the mic from 3-5 inches away. The mic is placed in the upper-left corner of the windshield, pointed directly towards the driver.

I'm wondering if this is a common issue with what is just a crappy mic, if there's something I'm doing wrong with it, or if the mic might just need to be replaced. If it needs to be replaced, do I need that specific mic, or is there something better I can use instead? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have got the AV60BT and have never been able to get the mic to work well. I have tried multiple locations and no matter what the people on the other end can hardly hear me and when they can they can't understand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it sounds like a POS mic is the problem. is it possible to replace the mic with something of higher quality?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I wasn't the one to install it, I don't know: does it take a special connector? What kind of connector do I need? I don't want to tear the whole thing out of the dash before I know this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts