DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to post this here in case anyone else searches for it to no avail...

This happened to me after I washed my boat, and my JVC "MARINE" KD-R99MBS radio came up with this error. Initially nothing I found online worked. Everything said it was toast, throw it away or send it in. It was only $100 stereo, so I bought another one. But I was sure there was a fix, so I kept searching. After extensive searching on the internet, I found a fix on an obscure German website. I translated it and it worked! So here is the procedure. I assume it will work on any JVC or Kenwood deck displaying this message.

Note: This is MUCH easier if you have a test bench, or at least a 12v power supply that you can use in your workspace. It would be difficult to do with the unit installed.

1. Disconnect all power from the unit
2. Simultaneously press and hold the [MENU] and [Skip Track] buttons
3. While holding down both [MENU] and [Skip Track] , apply 12v power to unit
a. If successful, the display will show "DC ERR"
b. If not, repeat steps 2-3 until "DC ERR" is displayed on screen
4. Press [Skip Track] until the display shows "DC1 ERR"
a. Press and hold [Skip Track] until "DC1 OK" appears
5. Press [Pause] and advance display until "DC2" appears
6. Press and hold [Pause] again until "DC2 0" appears on the display
7. Disconnect power
8. Remove faceplate
8. Reconnect power
9. Press and hold the [RESET] button for 10 seconds
10. Reinstall faceplate and turn the unit on

Your head unit should now power with factory defaults.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks a lot. In my case it went a little bit different, but succeeded,

The model I have is: KD-R861BT

Step 1-3: Instead [MENU], I used [SETUP]
In Step 5, I could not find the [PAUSE], that is like pushing the volume button, but it did not succeed into DC2 and DC2 0.
So, I tried different other things from Step 4.
After "DC ERR", I think what worked was the [SKIP TRACK BACK], then I had quickly found the DC2 0
I continued with Step 7, and finished successfully.

Thanks again!
Cor

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 260053
In Step 5, I could not find the [PAUSE], that is like pushing the volume button, but it did not succeed into DC2 and DC2 0.
After "DC ERR", I think what worked was the [SKIP TRACK BACK], then I had quickly found the DC2 0

Thanks again!
Cor

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have model # KD-R680S. Had to modify step 5 and 6 from original post. Just pushed SKIP TRACK Back several times to get to DC2, and then DC0. Then, followed the other steps as indicated in original post.

Called JVC before I figured out this step without pushing Pause. They could not, or would not tell me next step after 4. Said just push reset button. If that did not work, send into them. They said could be lots of things causing problem. I don't understand why they wouldn't tell me there was way to fix other than greed to get money from us sending the unit to them to fix.

Thank you for posting the fix, and Golie for more details on how his was different with his model.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 260053

Thanks again!
Cor
Wanted to post this here in case anyone else searches for it to no avail...

This happened to me after I washed my boat, and my JVC "MARINE" KD-R99MBS radio came up with this error. Initially nothing I found online worked. Everything said it was toast, throw it away or send it in. It was only $100 stereo, so I bought another one. But I was sure there was a fix, so I kept searching. After extensive searching on the internet, I found a fix on an obscure German website. I translated it and it worked! So here is the procedure. I assume it will work on any JVC or Kenwood deck displaying this message.

Note: This is MUCH easier if you have a test bench, or at least a 12v power supply that you can use in your workspace. It would be difficult to do with the unit installed.

1. Disconnect all power from the unit
2. Simultaneously press and hold the [MENU] and [Skip Track] buttons
3. While holding down both [MENU] and [Skip Track] , apply 12v power to unit
a. If successful, the display will show "DC ERR"
b. If not, repeat steps 2-3 until "DC ERR" is displayed on screen
4. Press [Skip Track] until the display shows "DC1 ERR"
a. Press and hold [Skip Track] until "DC1 OK" appears
5. Press [Pause] and advance display until "DC2" appears
6. Press and hold [Pause] again until "DC2 0" appears on the display
7. Disconnect power
8. Remove faceplate
8. Reconnect power
9. Press and hold the [RESET] button for 10 seconds
10. Reinstall faceplate and turn the unit on

Your head unit should now power with factory defaults.
Thanks, worked perfect, except used the skip track instead of a pause to advance display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts