in 3 channel mode with components and a sub but the manual isn't too
clear on what to set the Input Select switches to. Anybody any
experience of this amp? I have dropped Infinity an email but thought
I would ask you guys too.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you only have 2 RCAs, set both front and rear to "front". If you'll be supplying the rear channels with RCAs also from the rear outputs of your HU, set the rear to"rear". Supplying both front and rear inputs will allow you to select more or less bass with the fader. Make sure you set the filters correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ok that makes sense cheers and I will have two sets of RCAs from my head unit (1pr for fronts and 1pr for sub).

Still confused on the other switch though (right, left or stereo)? Shall I put it on stereo setting on the rear channel for the sub even though it's mono?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I'd have to look but thinking it has programmable outputs, all that means is you can select what speaker outs that RCA set goes to. Are the speaker outs labelled front/rear? The other one just makes it use the R/L/mono from your RCA. I'm not 100% sure on all this will have to look later. I am sure Infinity has the manual on their site. Mine is running 4ch it works really well, clear and good power. Only issue I have found is if I have it on and start the car, as just the right amount of time in power interruption it will make a pst sound from the speakers. Its not loud and only when turned off-on the right seconds. It has a pretty good turn on delay too both sub amps I used with it turn on faster.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ok, got a better look at the switches on sonic. Set the left, right, stereo switch to stereo on both front and rear. For the rear driving sub, set the other switch to sub and this will make it a mono summed signal from your stereo pair.
Nice amp btw.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts