DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything more than the Kenwood website says about this head unit? It looks like we may have an all-in-one double DIN DVD head unit with decent processing built in as well as time alignment and a good parametric EQ. Any info would be great!

·
Former Installator
217 Posts
Appears to be a rehashed version of last years DDX812... the only major difference I see is the addition of variable illumination, allows the button LED backlighting to mimic most any vehicle dash backlighting. The 812 also had TA/5.1/bluetoof... so I really can't say that this one's really much of a NEW and improved Kenwood model. The GUI looks to be different... but I won't know if it's improved over the somewhat cumbersome one used on past models til I get some hands-on time with the new model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new DNX models look like they will be getting MSN direct as well as I see the availability of the MSN direct module KNA-M100 for the 9140 and 7140. Which should mean that we may see a KNA-G510 replacement that may or may not be compatible with the older DDX units for MSN direct.

·
Former Installator
217 Posts
Heard there IS a replacement for the 510 already in the works but probably not available in the immediate future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts