DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After swapping battery on my truck, my head unit displayed the ' There is an error in your speaker wiring check your wiring and contact customer support ' ( words to that effect ).

I didnt do anything about it for a bit as thought it would go away, disconnected battery, then didn't so tried re-initialise, and have now also done firmware upgrade. It still is locked in DC Protect mode.

I have been told by Kenwood that I need to courier my DDX9016DABS to them to have the DC Protect error rest by them. And of course pay over $100 for the privilege!!

Surely there is a button sequence or something to clear this error?

Thanks for your help - Ive done all the basic troubleshooting so probably need a Kenwood guru for this one.

Tye

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Mine did that as well. I disconnected the battery and did a hard reset. Not sure why they do that. It would happen from time to time. So my ultimate fix was to take it out cut all the wires and put a new one in. Problem solved.

but, that is a head ache. Did you change any wiring? Mine was doing that when I was changing things around chasing a ground issue. Never happened again after I changed the ground on the radio. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
There is a tiny hole somewhere that is a hard factory reset button. Use that and see what happens. Mine was on the front face below the button used to turn the unit on. Ddx393bt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the wiring was new when it was professionally installed. It has been re-tested with a multi-meter and all is ok. It seemed to happen after we changed car/truck battery. I have looked everywhere for a pin-hole size reset button but this unit does not seem to have one. It is not behind the screen either. Still at a loss...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine also does this periodically, on and off for several years now. It was professionally installed. I had the shop send it back to Kenwood who responded "unable to reproduce problem" and sent it back to me. Sometimes it's fine the next time I start the vehicle, other times it's very persistent. This morning it was being very persistent - restarted the car like 6 times and got the error each time. I happened to turn off bluetooth on my phone before restarting car and finally got no error, and then turned bt back on after startup and all was good. Maybe a simultaneous bt connection is part of the error, maybe it was coincidence. Maybe something to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts