DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After swapping battery on my truck, my head unit displayed the ' There is an error in your speaker wiring check your wiring and contact customer support ' ( words to that effect ).

I didnt do anything about it for a bit as thought it would go away, disconnected battery, then didn't so tried re-initialise, and have now also done firmware upgrade. It still is locked in DC Protect mode.

I have been told by Kenwood that I need to courier my DDX9016DABS to them to have the DC Protect error rest by them. And of course pay over $100 for the privilege!!

Surely there is a button sequence or something to clear this error?

Thanks for your help technical guru group!

Tye

·
Registered
219 Posts
I found this. Maybe this will help
If these steps don’t work, I found that it may be the ic chip has been shorted out

Kenwood equips its receivers with a protection mode to safeguard them. Your stereo receiver is going into protection mode because the receiver has an internal short, a speaker is bad or the speaker wiring has a problem, such as incorrect wire gauge or bad connections. Many of the problems that trigger protection mode can be resolved or at least diagnosed by tech-savvy owners, without bringing your car into the shop.

Step

Reset the receiver by removing the face plate and pressing the "Reset" button with a paperclip. If this solution doesn't fix the problem, continue with troubleshooting and reset the receiver after each step.

Step

Turn off the receiver and disconnect all speaker wires.

Step

Turn on the receiver. If it quickly shuts off, the receiver has an internal short, according to Kenwood. Contact Kenwood customer service to have the unit repaired.

Step

Connect one speaker at a time. If the receiver shuts off after connecting a speaker, that speaker's wiring or the speaker itself has a problem.

Step

Replace any faulty wiring.

Step

Replace a speaker if you have replaced its wiring and your receiver is still going into protection mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have tried this ( though dont have a reset button on mine as LCD tilt face) but yes can confirm it is not a speaker wiring short. We have also used a multimeter to check resistance and all at 4 ohms.

So I still get this error even when all wires are disconnect ( except the power obviously ) JVCKenwood says that the unit is now locked in that DC Protect mode as it supposedly has been turned on 3 times detecting a so called short. So now because it is locked, they ( JVCKenwood ) need to reset it. Surely this reset can be done by button sequence I am sure - every other unit before and after can.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Maybe I could call and try to sweet talk them into giving up the info

Send me some pics of the front, back and the label on the top or bottom showing the info of the unit. Like the bar code and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey mate , thanks for looking into this for me. Attached is a few photos of the unit. Let me know if you need any other details. ;-)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts