DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kenwood wireless deck runs Android auto from my Samsung 10 plus. It just started having audio fade in and out between 2 and 10 seconds out each time. May be occurring while I'm driving as opposed to sitting parked. Also happens outside of Android auto environment when I use USB to play audio files. Has anyone experienced this? Other than the initialize feature in the software is there a way to factory reset this deck? I haven't installed the 2019 firmware yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some troubleshooting today. Noticed that initially driving around in Kenwood mode only, no drop in audio. Launched Android Auto, no drop again. Launched Waze all good. Began navigating, audio began dropping intermittently. Check with and without navigation, found that my audio only dropped while navigating. This would make sense why it never happens in my garage, navigation drops by the point on the way home. Suspect that audio gaps are navigation directions that I disabled a long time ago, so perhaps i have audio volume gaps where navigation directions would be thus muting but not pausing my source, AA app or Kenwood app (USB). Anyone else having these issues. Hate to be all alone with AA and Waze chaos.

·
Listener of Music
4,032 Posts
There's probably a setting.
Voice with navigation on/off
Opposed to
Navi voice volume up/down

the volume down would still mute but on/off would cancel the feature.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Theslaking, I thought exactly the same thing. I toggled some of waze settings on my phone around voice and audio and everything appears to be back to normal, deck wide.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts