Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model: Kenwood DNX-8120

Condition of all items: Good- small scratch on trim. No marks on screen. See below for more details.

Total Price: $300 shipped:

Shipping Terms: UPS CONUS:

I'm selling my used Kenwood DNX8120. This has been used in my Civic since Bing put it in. It's currently mounted in a 2008 Civic trim piece but I can remove it if the buyer doesn't have a Civic.

The Good- Great unit. Lots of features. Built in Nav.

The Bad-

1) The hard buttons stop working intermittently. I believe it's a connection issue. Perhaps there is cable that just needs to be reseated. The touch screen buttons work fine as do the buttons on the remote. The only time this became an issue was when I tried to eject a DVD and the eject button did not work (there is no eject button on the remote).

2) It comes up with "authorization error" while using my ipod occasionally. No clue why. Would work for months and then come up with the error. Turning the iPod off and back on would solve the issue. I am using the and including the KCA-IP302 interface cable.

Pictures:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
How would one fix the button problem? Interested if it's an easy fix

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would one fix the button problem? Interested if it's an easy fix
I don't know. :confused: I thought perhaps I would open it up and see if a ribbon cable came loose, but since I could control the unit with the remote and touchscreen buttons, it wasn't worth the hassle.

If it doesn't sell at this price, I may rethink opening it up. But then the price will go up.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Trades?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, getting out of audio completely. Not interested in any trades.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$200 shipped not including the Civic trim panel.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it... Thanks Gary. Shipping tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.