DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have installed countless HU over the years, but none in the last few. It seems as if I have chewed off a little more than I may have been ready for :blush:

I have a NAV unit with SWC and harnesses with a Video Bypass (not so much for video as to be able to use the NAV on the fly)

I am 90% hooked, but have a couple 2-3 wires left that are a mystery to me. Some likely i don't need, 1-2 I know I do, I just do not know where to go with them. Strange indeed.. Any help would be much appreciated. I am breaking it down harness by harness.

Car is a 2006 VP Passat 3.6L
Kenwood DNX890HD with SWC: PAC RP4-VW11

From the PAC Interface Connector harness "NAV Outputs":
P.B. Output (-) (Red/White) - Unknown
VSS Output (Purple/White) - Unknown
Reverse Output (Green) - Wired to "Reverse" wire in HU Accessory Harness

PAC SWC Connector (2nd PAC Harness):
SWC Connector for Kenwood (Blue/Yellow) - wired to ?? Blue/White "Radio On" wire on HU?

Main HU Harness:
Mute (Brown) - Is this handled by PAC?
P. Control (Blue/White) - Since I do not have an amp, I did hook this up the to "Amp Turn-On" in the harness - if they are connected together, but not "used" - is this a bad thing?

From the HU Accessory Harness:
Relay (Blue/Red) "To Relay Box" huh?
Reverse (Purple/White) - Wired to Green "Reverse Output" on PAC Interface Harness

From the Kenwood HU Accessory Harness:
PRK SW (Light Green) - Wired to Video Bypass Green wire
REVERSE (Purple/White)

Video Bypass
(Blue) - wired to SWC "Radio On Input" Interface Connector
(Green) wired to PRK SW from the HU Accessory harness
Ground (Black) - grounded

So bottom line - am I close or is it time to pay an installer? Thank in advance for any and all help.
Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kenwood DNX890HD with SWC: PAC RP4-VW11

From the PAC Interface Connector harness "NAV Outputs":
P.B. Output (-) (Red/White) - Unknown
Since you are doing the bypass just tie off this wire, it won't be used. It is the output wire for the parking brake from the PAC module, so you don't need it. You will ground the light green wire that would normally connect to this red wire.

VSS Output (Purple/White) - Unknown
You will tie off this wire too since there is no VSS wire coming off the Kenwood DNX890HD.

Reverse Output (Green) - Wired to "Reverse" wire in HU Accessory Harness
Correct.

PAC SWC Connector (2nd PAC Harness):
SWC Connector for Kenwood (Blue/Yellow) - wired to ?? Blue/White "Radio On" wire on HU?
No, the (blue/Yellow) wire on the SWC harness will go to the (Blue/Yellow) wire on the Kenwood main harness. On the Kenwood harness it will be labled (REMOTE CONT).

Main HU Harness:
Mute (Brown) - Is this handled by PAC?
Yes.

P. Control (Blue/White) - Since I do not have an amp, I did hook this up the to "Amp Turn-On" in the harness - if they are connected together, but not "used" - is this a bad thing?
If you aren't turning on an amp you don't need it.

From the HU Accessory Harness:
Relay (Blue/Red) "To Relay Box" huh?
This would be used if you plan to use the PAC's relay to turn on other devices like lights, capacitors, etc. From the sound of your install, you won't need it.

Reverse (Purple/White) - Wired to Green "Reverse Output" on PAC Interface Harness
As stated above...yes.

From the Kenwood HU Accessory Harness:
PRK SW (Light Green) - Wired to Video Bypass Green wire
REVERSE (Purple/White)
No, that light green wire will be grounded for the bypass.

Video Bypass
(Blue) - wired to SWC "Radio On Input" Interface Connector
Your steering wheel controller has a rem turn on? Maybe it's a VW thing.

(Green) wired to PRK SW from the HU Accessory harness
Ground (Black) - grounded
As stated above...yes.

So bottom line - am I close or is it time to pay an installer?
Yes and no.

Thank in advance for any and all help.
Mike
I hope that helped. :freak:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to second guess you guys but did this all work for you? I have the same products (except the newer DNX891HD) and have the exact same wiring questions.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts