Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:

Kenwood K-CD01 24 bit. All business, no frills head unit. Japan FM tuner (76 - 90 MHz), brushed metal face and knob, RCA front, rear, and sub out. It also has aux-in, but will need the adapter cord(not included). These were over 65,000 Yen new, which equates to around $825.00.

Japan FM tuner can be overcome by inputting an iPod or MP3 player with built in FM tuner to the aux-in. I've done that with my Sansa Clip+ and it works pretty good.

Manual (English version): K-CD01 pdf

Condition of all items:

Used with only minor wear. Face is very clean. Tested and fully functional. Includes deck and wiring harness only.

Total Price: :

Sorry no trades. USA shipping only. Paypal accepted from confirmed addresses.
$275.00 shipped to USA.

Pictures:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have never even heard of this. WOW... clean, clean look. Free bump for you.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
nice. too bad it wasnt sold here.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have never even heard of this.
I have, in fact at one point I was pondering over its purchase but couldn't live without a proper tuner. I liked its underrated and clean looks and the brushed aluminium jdm fascia (you know, knob on the right side to be closer to the driver). Apparently, it sounds very nice as well. :)

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as a JDM deck has an aux-in you can use an external player like iPod or MP3 with a built in FM tuner and input it to the deck. You just have to change stations on the player. Not a perfect solution, but it works good enough for FM sound quality. FM expanders are another option, but results with them vary greatly depending on where you live.

·
Registered
496 Posts
could be worse lol
sme people buy gathers tape decks with gathers speakers cuz they MAD JDM YO

makes it completely useless unless you still rockin tapes in your car...
so then at the show someone ask you to listen to that gathers jdm system u got and u pop in the tape that was recorded around 1991 and enjoy that superb demagnetized sound quality.

on the topic lol

we can add this one to kenwood audiophile lineup i guess?
nice piece of history to have maybe for a classic car to take you back in time

·
Registered
783 Posts
^^^^^ Yeah, I keep finding myself coming back to this thread also...LOL!! I have no idea what I would do with it though. I already have one HU with the volume knob on the wrong side. This would be awesome for someone with a nice processor to pair it with.

GLWS

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did not get a remote with it, but the picture in the manual looks like a Kenwood RC-410. I will try to pick one up so I can pass it on with the deck :).

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow, this is gorgeous. I wish they would offer more of these types of things in the US market (I know, I know - no one would actually buy it)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow...free bump for a dead-sexy piece.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.