DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a little confused here. Oh yeah, and I'm new. :D

Among other components, I've ordered a Kenwood KFC-XW1224D (dual 4ohm coils) and plan on using it with a KAC-9105D amplifier.

The amp has 4 speaker output terminals and the manual shows wiring each voice coil to a separate set of terminals. Only problem is, my enclosure only has a terminal with one set of positive and negative connections. I seem to remember that my old KAC-8103D from a couple years ago said somewhere that the four terminals on the amp were actually just split internally for connection to two SVC subwoofers.

My question is; Does anyone know if that's the case with the 9105D, since it's also a mono amp? If so, can I get away with running say, 8 or 10AWG speaker wire to the enclosure and then splitting it after the terminal to get my 2ohm load?

If not, do you know where I can get my hands on a terminal for the enclosure that has four connectors instead of two?

Thanks in advance for the help. Hopefully I was clear enough about what I'm asking...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, wire the sub + + and - - and use one 8-12 gauge speaker wire to either set of outputs on the amp. No problem.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Yes I have one, they are just duplicate terminals like many mono class D sub amps. You can use one wire (pair) to one + and one -, and make the load 2 ohms inside the box. Even 12ga is under .5v drop at 950rms so larger would be great, for 6' wire length. Check the calculator here WIRE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts