DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The kia system has several issues that can not be fixed without an aftermarket dsp. If you look at my build log for my kia optima, you'll see the infinity systems stock frequency response, and how bad it really is.

edit, I didn't post that yet, I'll post it this afternoon. Fyi, there's a 40db broad peak in response in the bass/midbass.

What's worse, is that I'm not convinced you can get a full range analog signal from 6 channels, which would rule out most dsp'dsp's. The infinity system has a full 3 way active front stage, plus subwoofer.

I'll post more on the subject later today when I'm not on my phone.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It's a pita to link on my phone, but I'll get it linked when I'm home from work.

I was in disbelief myself, but I knew something was off. Just didn't realize the severity. Andy from Audiofrog and previously from jbl saw the rta and said it was horrible, that they really botched the tuning. He also hates his MB harmon system.

To get the measurements, I used my laptop with a dayton calibrated mic, and room eq wizard, running sweeps. It definitely has time alignment and eq applied. It actually images really well for a stock system, but the response starts to drop quickly at 50hz, and peaks from 50hz to a little over 100hz. That's the huge peak I was talking about. I have my stock "bass" setting at -6 just for it to sound listenable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts