DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with this car please. I installed a remote start with power door lock functions on it. The remote start works OK but cannot find the door lock relay. And when I find it what is the best method for connecting the new lock controls.

The factory locks work with the door key and at the same time you unlock the door it disables the factory alarm, the same with locking with the key. I do not know the polarity of or the location for the alarm disable signal wire either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Doug

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi,
you could look on the12volt.com for info, someone may have posted. also, kia has a website you can register at that has downloadable service information available for their vehicles.
mark

·
Registered
395 Posts
What year, model is it? The older models used negative trigger wires at the BCM if I remember correctly. Many of the remote start units also have an option to unlock before start, then re-lock the doors after option....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sorry, I missed that little piece of info:bash:

2002 Sportage,
I found out that the relays are behind the glove box somewhere.
Can I get the power lock wiring diagram for this vehicle from someone and that would help a lot. My guess is that it will have 2 relays, 1 for lock and another for unlock. I will probably control the relays instead of cutting the into the wires for the lock and unlock functions.

Next question, what wire and where is it to send the alarm disable signal to?

Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
395 Posts
According to Remote Car Starter & Keyless Entry Systems the wires to control the locks are in the driver's door harness...white/red for power lock, red/green for unlock. Should be negative trigger. As far as factory alarm disarm, it says light green/black or green, a positive trigger in the steering column harness...BUT DEFINITELY TEST FIRST!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts