DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This build is moving slowly but all the pieces are starting to fall into place. I will be competeing with this car. Not sure what all orgs or classes yet. We will see where it ends up.

The build will have a mix of old and new.
Sources are OEM radio and iPad with Pro-Ject Pre box S2 DAC and Raspberry Pi media server
Helix Ultra and conductor
Two PPI PC2350
Two PPI PC4100
Karma Allure tweeters and 6 inch
Audible Physics RG100 for rear fill and center
Illusion Audio Carbon C12
All connected with RSD Custom Cables RCA, Speaker wire, and USB
Resonix sound deadening products

The amp rack is made from aluminum T slot.

Will post more as I go.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Audio equipment Circuit component
Hood Textile Rectangle Bag Wood
Car Grille Hood Vehicle Light
Wood Audio equipment Table Font Electronic instrument
Rope Wire Circle Gas Pattern

Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I’d definitely be going three way if I was competing and binning the rear fill off to do this with the rg100, for me the two way front can’t touch a three way front 👍🏼

·
Registered
2019 Camry XLE Hybrid
256 Posts
Got a set of the 69s and 1s on the way!

Reactions: RaceShowDrive

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are installing an RPi 4, why not use that (along with a DigiOne) as a digital transport (coax out to Ultra)? An RPi 4 with a DigiOne is inexpensive, bit perfect and an absolute all star, in terms of objective measurements.
There is a car-specific relay available to properly turn the RPi on/off so you can hide the unit (and run USB extension cables if desired).

·
Registered
752 Posts
Love to see another Stinger on here! Cheers from Oregon, USA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’d definitely be going three way if I was competing and binning the rear fill off to do this with the rg100, for me the two way front can’t touch a three way front 👍🏼
I have extra amp and processing channels and speakers if needed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are installing an RPi 4, why not use that (along with a DigiOne) as a digital transport (coax out to Ultra)? An RPi 4 with a DigiOne is inexpensive, bit perfect and an absolute all star, in terms of objective measurements.
There is a car-specific relay available to properly turn the RPi on/off so you can hide the unit (and run USB extension cables if desired).
I have the mausberry power circuit. I had this already setup in my last car. I like the DAC I have. In my last car I was using fiber from the oem so I needed the ability to use RCA from the iPad. to do autoswitching for calls and other prompts. In this car I will be using SPDIF form oem so this arrangement will work very well and I am familiar with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is genius, I see that style strut and plexiglass at work daily and never once thought of making an amp rack out of it.
It might not look like it but weight was a concern with this build. I never thought about it with the build in my charger till I took it all out and realized there was a lot of weight in MDF. So I started to look for different ways to do it this time. The rack for the amps only weights 6 pounds and it is super strong.

·
Registered
639 Posts
this is turning out nice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The amp rack is wonderful. Great for air flow and to show off. Also great location for rear fill. I think rear fill should go back as far as possible and off axis. I'll probably be competing again this year. Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The amp rack is wonderful. Great for air flow and to show off. Also great location for rear fill. I think rear fill should go back as far as possible and off axis. I'll probably be competing again this year. Hope to see you out there.
Thank you. It will be good to have more people at the shows. I know a lot of the PA guys make it to the shows in OH. We are starting to plan some and should have a few big ones..

·
Registered
639 Posts
There is a group from OH that come to PA every year. Mic Schuck, Scott and Cassy Hall. Great people with great sounding cars. I would love to venture out to OH and I see there are a lot of shows in TN also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Designed and printed a mount for the Helix Conductor. Also installed the mount for the iPad from Proclip. Very good mount. Super stable while driving.

Any progress is good right?

Motor vehicle Automotive design Reflex camera Carbon Personal luxury car

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Rectangle Tool Composite material Wire Circle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Trip computer

·
Registered
752 Posts
That 3D printed mount is cool. That's the main thing I'm struggling with regarding DSP is where to mount the controller.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That 3D printed mount is cool. That's the main thing I'm struggling with regarding DSP is where to mount the controller.
Thank you. I was not sure where to put it and have it still at fingertips. The Stinger does not have a lot of options and I was hesitant to cut holes and not be happy with placement. I think this will work out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts