DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What year truck? 2004 and up F-150's have a huge fuse box in the passenger side kick. I don't know how the Q-forms fit but I had to move the fuse box on the one we are working on now. Here are some pics.

This is after I moved the fuse box up. It sat on the floor pretty much before.

Almost done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is for an 08 SuperCrew. I am just looking for something that would be simple, and saw that these were available. I can amp the components and not have to worry about wiring through the door connectors and such. I don't know if the Q-forms go over the existing panels or if they are new pieces.

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for an 08 SuperCrew. I am just looking for something that would be simple, and saw that these were available. I can amp the components and not have to worry about wiring through the door connectors and such. I don't know if the Q-forms go over the existing panels or if they are new pieces.

John

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Running wires into the doors on those trucks are uber easy.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Running wires into the doors on those trucks are uber easy.
Not necessarily true. Depends on if your F150 has molex plugs. Mine did...UBER difficult! If you are lucky enough to NOT have the molex plugs in the doors...then yes....very easy!

2008 F150 and the ***** molex plug issue. - F150online Forums

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-build-logs/53086-my-2008-f150-supercrew-install.html

If I had custom skills....as in fiberglass making skills so I could make pods, I would consider custom pods for the corners of the dash at the glass, for midrange and tweeters.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The 07 at the shop has holes in them big enough to almost put my hands through them. I have never personally seen a F-150 with molex plugs:confused:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts