DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to get some help. I have been using and installing car stereos and systems since 2006. I have met a problem that I can't seem to figure out.
I picked up a Kicker 11ZX750.1 amp from a friend. I hooked it up in my car and when any input from the deck is given to it, it just produces a monotonous tone. The volume could be as low as 2 and it puts out the same tone. The tone changes and gets louder when I turn up the gain or bass boost but it remains as a constant monotonous bass tone.
I know it has to be a problem with the amp because I had an Alpine MRD-M500 hooked up to it before and it worked just fine. The deck is an old Eclipse 5volt from 2004 and has a subwoofer pre-out. The subwoofer is a 12" Alpine Type R dual 4 ohm, new model.The wiring kit is a Knu Concepts 4 gauge kit. I have checked all the connections multiple times. I also grounded the RCAs coming out of the deck to eliminate any noise. I'm looking for any suggestions or help as to what it could be, or what I could try. Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get your hands on some rcas you don't mind cutting up. Cut one side off and strip the wires and tie them together. Once you do that either tape the wires or use a crimp cap on them and then plug them into the amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts