1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Kicker C15D pair (2)

Condition of all items:
Hi all, the Isabelle project is done for, which means that equipment goes up for sale. I can't go IB in the new vehicle, this means that my perfectly subs need to find a new home.

First up is a pair of Kicker C15D subs. One is NIB, the other was only used for about 6 months, IB in my IS300. One will be shipping in its original box, the other will be shipping in its box if I can find it. I would LOVE to use these for future IB use, or for a LLT HT sub, but wife says I can't keep what I'm not using. These work great IB, or in a large box. Old school clean sound. $170+shipping on the pair, or $100+shipping separate.

Original thread here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/91589-2-kicker-c15d-bnib.html

Total Price: :
$170 for both, or $100 apiece if I have to split. Really don't want to split...

Shipping Terms: :
Buyer pays shipping.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.
My last 10 iTraders are positive, but here are pictures anyway, because I'm such a swell dude:

Additional info:
Paypal only :) The sub shown is mounted on a baffle for my IS300. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have pics of the NIB sub? I'm really kinds getting the itch to try a 15 in mi MINI. :surprised:
15 in a mini sounds like a pretty good plan for awesomeness. I am not at home right now, but I can get pics tonight. For reference, it looks exactly like the other one, except the speaker terminals have never seen solder. It might have a little less dust on it. And its box says "Kicker" on the outside instead of "FedEx" ;)

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Nice. I just like to verify since I don't buy speakers that have been soldered on. I know, I know. It's just one of my OCD things. Lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I just like to verify since I don't buy speakers that have been soldered on. I know, I know. It's just one of my OCD things. Lol
I can shine the tabs if you like ;)

So how would you say these sounded IB? This has me extremely intrigued as well :)
They sounded pretty good. I never really EQ'd them, so I'm not 100% certain what they are capable of, but they sounded good without EQ. Low end was certainly there, and they blended well with the midbass. I had "up-front bass", which was the coolest thing ever.

There is a little more commentary on the sound on the build log I posted, but that is the gist of it.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting! I am wondering how they would do firing into a seat rather then through it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I think it might just be a matter of adjusting the EQ. Depending on what that seat is made out of (how tight the seal is to the face of the woofer) it might adjust the effective Q of the woofer. Lots of people have said there was no change for them running IB with the seat up or down, but with mine (firing through ski pass) there was a definite "thump" when you threw the skipass shut.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
I HATE being so far ahead of the US. I'm going to look and make sure this will fit (diameter) in the space I want to use, but if it does, I'll take the new one.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright you loony tune, here you go :laugh: :

Rest of the pics of the NIB one:

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Oooooo, pretty. lol I'll be home in about 8 hours from when I post this and then I can give the hatch a quick measure.

Thanks for the pics. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BNIB sub sold!

Remaining sub is in excellent condition, and is now $70+ shipping. That is the best deal in the universe! Let's get this sold before saturday so that I only have to go to the post office once!

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,337 Posts
Interesting! I am wondering how they would do firing into a seat rather then through it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Not the same sub as pictured here, but here's a response graph of IB subs in an IS300 w/ the armrest up (green) vs. down (purp).

GLWS, VG!!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks knobby, that explains a lot actually. I had them crossed really high, and had tuned my mid s kind of weak. I definitely noticed that midbass suck with the ski pass up

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to USPS tomorrow morning! Buy it now means SUPER fast shipping :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still one left, great condition!!! Can someone please put this to use, it's burning a hole in my collection.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The first sub hit Germany safe and sound, bump for selling the other one :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts