DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say that's lukewarm at best. Not hot. For $30 more, I'd rather have the Aurasound 4x50watt at PE.
That’s the point…….at that price it is a relatively good value, No more or less......
With $30 more (brings you to $100) you have a plethora of options that lay waste to your Aurasound…….Just saying…….

·
Registered
148 Posts
That’s the point…….at that price it is a relatively good value, No more or less......
With $30 more (brings you to $100) you have a plethora of options that lay waste to your Aurasound…….Just saying…….
Lay waste for $100? Talking new here. What examples can you give? Some noisy class D amps?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW Can you show me the Aurasound website or something, i cant find any info on it. And whats wrong with class d man?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Aurasound amps are buy outs. They have been discontinued a while back.

I can vouch that they are nice amps...good basic amplification. The ones I had were clean sounding. The crossovers were basic hi/low pass, not band passable though. For $100 they are a good deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see so it would be used...... As far as price we are now +$30 also now used if obtainable at all. I found below which is still a better deal and under $100. New and very obtainable.....and they are great amps. Massive bang for buck. The kicker is very basic but again just dumb cheap, its fun to have. Also I have a set of class D amps, they sound great! Very low noise floor....

U.S Amps XA-800.4(XA8004) 760W Max 4-Channel Car Amplifier

·
Registered
148 Posts
Buyout just means that Parts Express found a stash sitting in some warehouse and bought them up and is now selling them. They are brand new and have 1-y warranty. They may have been built 5-7 years ago, but they are still brand new.

I'm sorry if I rained on your 'hot deal' thread, but I just don't see 4x25w for $70 as being a much to write about when you can obtain a well built class A/B 4x50w amp for just $30 more. Many people rank those Aurasound amps up there with some of the elite SQ amps.

And class D may be OK for an inexpensive subwoofer amp, but they usually can't compete with A/B amp when it comes to SQ.

For me, if I'm building a system, $70 vs $100 is a negligible price difference.

BTW, the US Amps amp that you linked is probably a decent deal, but it by no means 'lays waste' to the Aura Sound. The rated power numbers are pretty much even (within 10w is negligible), but if you checked, you would see the Aurasound has twin 30a fuses. The US amps has one 40a fuse. Hmm...The build quality looks much lower as well on the US Amps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is definitely a cool story bro.......

I guess it comes down to different folks different stokes. And you said it perfect "If I were to build the price is negligible" Which makes it a viable option for you. But your personal preference on the matter is greatly appreciated! And again the price point was $70 fir the little Kicker. Negligible for you, not for everyone.

Secondly, I own a set a Rainbow iPaul amps. Which I think are both Class D, does that not make them eligible to be considered sound quality amps or "up there elite?"

And yes those 30a fuses are the real deal, you hit that nail on the head!

And lets not forget we are talking about something very subjective. In the same application you may prefer the Aura and I may prefer the US Amps. because they will sound very different. Like I said different strokes. Again greatly appreciated for your input on the subject.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Secondly, I own a set a Rainbow iPaul amps. Which I think are both Class D, does that not make them eligible to be considered sound quality amps or "up there elite?"
Yep. If you like them, that's great. Class D do offer some benefits, but I'll take a stout A/B every time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Buyout just means that Parts Express found a stash sitting in some warehouse and bought them up and is now selling them. They are brand new and have 1-y warranty. They may have been built 5-7 years ago, but they are still brand new.

I'm sorry if I rained on your 'hot deal' thread, but I just don't see 4x25w for $70 as being a much to write about when you can obtain a well built class A/B 4x50w amp for just $30 more. Many people rank those Aurasound amps up there with some of the elite SQ amps.

And class D may be OK for an inexpensive subwoofer amp, but they usually can't compete with A/B amp when it comes to SQ.

For me, if I'm building a system, $70 vs $100 is a negligible price difference.

BTW, the US Amps amp that you linked is probably a decent deal, but it by no means 'lays waste' to the Aura Sound. The rated power numbers are pretty much even (within 10w is negligible), but if you checked, you would see the Aurasound has twin 30a fuses. The US amps has one 40a fuse. Hmm...The build quality looks much lower as well on the US Amps.
You need to read more. With todays technology class D amps are no worse than class A/B for SQ. Infact the only difference between a good A/B and class D is efficiency which the class D excels.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You need to read more. With todays technology class D amps are no worse than class A/B for SQ. Infact the only difference between a good A/B and class D is efficiency which the class D excels.
Actually, I don't need to read more. I've heard them. I've read plenty. I still prefer A/B. They sound more natural to me AND I can repair them if they fail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts