DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Speaking of that iq1000.5, I think that thing was a pretty good deal. I got mine on an open box sale for $692. I think they have discontinued the .5 now, but it was/is a solid value option in the one-box-runs-it-all category.

·
Registered
106 Posts
And please remember you are talking to someone who is not a fan boy and has ONE kicker product that they own. My buddies 10+ year old L5 15. He had kids and needed space in the suv so I bought a 600rms Crown amp for it and made it the sub for my shop where it lives in a dirty corner. We do so much metal fab in there that there is usually some sort of "industrial art" pile of metal shavings stuck to the center of the cone and who knows what's inside of the box but it still marches on. That is the credit I give kicker... While I wouldn't choose it for myself... I can comfortably SELL it and that speaks volumes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I bought a Kicker 10" Solobaric from Crutchfield back in 1997 to go in a QLogic stealth box in the back of a 91 Explorer. I used it for years until I got a Mercury Mountaineer. At some point my father-in-law wanted to put some stuff in his Silverado. So I gave him my Solobaric to go in a box made to fit under his rear seat since I didn't use it any more. Then he passed away and took it out of his truck. Year before last I decided to do something in my wife's 99 Beetle since I drive it to work every day. I put it in a box that my nephew had given me, hooked it to a Sony 150 watt rms amp, and that thing still sounds good. It probably sounds better today than it did in my Explorer.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Original solobarics and free airs are why i refuse to give up on them. Heck i had a three way 6.5, 5.25 with awesome butyl surround and their best 1" silk dome that i can still remember how they sound

·
Registered
229 Posts
My brother has a kicker amp and kicker speakers in his truck that are 15 yrs old and both still work great. I'm amazed they both still work with no issues after all these years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Speaking of that iq1000.5...............………….but it was/is a solid value option in the one-box-runs-it-all category.
Totally agree. It may not be the right piece of kit for everyone but if fits my needs almost perfectly. Kickers customer service is awesome to boot. I had to send mine back and they went above and beyond for me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts