DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a kicker key 180.4 , a set of morel maximo coax 69 on my doors and a set of sundown audio sa-2.75 on the dash. for my rear doors i have a set of
Polk Audio DB651. factory radio {highlander 2013 non-jbl}

im currently running my amp in 4-channel mode and its pretty good . i was wondering if i decide to go through the trouble of bi-amping {running new speaker wires} and connecting the rears to the head unit, would it be worth it? running the crossover at 80hz-120hz
would i get 45w rms to each front speaker instead of 45w rms split to both the dash and the door?
would it be worth the hassle?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a kicker key 180.4 , a set of morel maximo coax 69 on my doors and a set of sundown audio sa-2.75 on the dash. for my rear doors i have a set of
Polk Audio DB651. factory radio {highlander 2013 non-jbl}

im currently running my amp in 4-channel mode and its pretty good . i was wondering if i decide to go through the trouble of bi-amping {running new speaker wires} and connecting the rears to the head unit, would it be worth it?
would i get 45w rms to each front speaker instead of 45w rms split to both the dash and the door?
would it be worth the hassle?

· Registered
1,253 Posts
If your dash speakers are wired in parallel with the front door speakers, they are already getting 45 watts each. The biggest gain would be the time alignment feature. As it is, it's trying to time align 2 speakers together that are far apart whereas it could do each one individually in biamp mode. Definitely worth the hassle of running new wires to the dash in my opinion.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna run some some wire for just the dash speakers and use the factory wire for the 6x9 ... see how it sounds.

also, i just tried some infinity reference 3032cf 3.5" speakers i bought and they are way better than the sundowns.
some I'm gonna do some fabricating and fit them into the dash.

Would it be a good idea to use bass blockers {600hz} for the rear speakers? i dont want the bass to be perfectly adjusted for the front and have a boomy sound in the rears.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
im gonna run some some wire for just the dash speakers and use the factory wire for the 6x9 ... see how it sounds.

also, i just tried some infinity reference 3032cf 3.5" speakers i bought and they are way better than the sundowns.
some I'm gonna do some fabricating and fit them into the dash.

Would it be a good idea to use bass blockers {600hz} for the rear speakers? i dont want the bass to be perfectly adjusted for the front and have a boomy sound in the rears.
Personally I would just fade all the way to the front and take the rears out of the mix.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i did the bi amp mode. it did not sound too good . the amp put all of the voice to the tweeters and just the bass for the 6x9. unless a deep enough bass note hit , the 6x9 were silent. the rear polks connected to the factory radio produced very little sound . i then connected the dash speakers to the factory amp and the speakers to the amp, need to mess around with the amp, i left the kicker on when i did the dsp

------ i bought passive crossovers, this should let me keep the 6x9 and the 3.5" on the front channel of the amp

· Premium Member
1,039 Posts
In bi-amp mode it crosses over the tweeters at 5k so you should be getting plenty of sound from your mid ranges as they are crossed over at 5k and down. Sounds like something is not tuned properly. During the tuning process you should have the fader all the way to the front and no sub woofer on. It took me a couple of times to get mine tuned correctly because I tuned it initially at too low of a volume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.