DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kicker amp all of a sudden shuts off when I turn up the volume then will turn back on after I turn it down... any idea what could be causing this issue? i am running a set of massive audio rk6 i had the amp bridged and had no problems once i unbridged it the problems started now it doesn't matter how its setup...

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I've seen RK6's with crossover issues before. Was the amp hooked to something else before and the problem started when you installed the RK6's by chance?

Reactions: Notloudenuf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes i had it on a set of orion xtr's with 0 problems... I do know i still get sound its just when its really got a load that it shuts down... also its going into protection... i am wondering if the amp is just done... also the amp is not getting hot...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i think it has to do with my RCA's on channel 1 and 2 because i unplugged them and all is well and i moved my RCA's from channel 3 and 4 and it shut off moved them back and good again so idk what to do to repair this

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after messing with this amp I think it's messed up..is it worth having it repaired? if so should it go back to kicker or is there someone on the forum I can send it to... Thanks for any help....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts