DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of the new Kicker S15 L3 guy said i was the second one in the city to own it.... havnt thrown it in yet i just built a sealed box for it. Does anyone have any remarks to if this sub is good or not?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
We've installed a few of them, and I think they sound better than the old L5 and they are more efficient so they get louder on less power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I installed it and I am powering it with a Alpine M500 nothing to special but wow this thing hits hard it has a very good sound quality to it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
that isn't sound quality thats mud bass. All it is is stupid loud bass that sounds like nails on a chalk board.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. It sounds really tight tho....i got itin a sealed box in the back of a buick century

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
What he want's to say is, this sub its not a SQ sub, its a SPL sub...
Its a BASS sub to shake your around, Yes it may hit hard, I had pair of L7 12" with Kicker 1200.1.. Did it hit hard ???
Hell yea it did, Did i enjoy it when i was younger? Hell ye I did. lol
What he's trying to say is that, its a bass sub. SPL not SQ.

Once you go to a bigger line up of Morel, Hertz, IDQ, IDMAX, Polk Audio, crap there is so many to list,....

look around here, there is crap load of people that go spl, but 90% of the users go for SQ sound...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh I c I'm about to upgrade my gfs system in her Lexus and she doesn't want that crazy car shaking bass but she does want some thump what r 2 12s you would go with that won't break the bank. I will be powering them with a Almpine M1000

·
Registered
687 Posts
I believe it's basically a Comp motor with a square cone. L5 = CVR, L7 = CVX.

IME Kicker's L series of subs need to be low passed under 100Hz to sound good. They do lows great, but you need to have good midbass up front to cover the top frequencies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts