DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am a new member and i currently live in england. I am after these two amps for a reasonable price. If anyone knows where i can get one please let me know. Cant seem to find them. Am looking to spend 1500 on the kicker or cheaper and thats for shipping as well. The RF not to sure :S I need them to power a kicker solo x 18''. I also need advice on the kinda power am going to need to power them like batteries and alternators. I drive a honda civic lsi 1994 coupe

NEED HELP!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a huge subwoofer! With box you'll need to make sure your suspension can hold that much weight. The Rockford T2500-1 would be plenty of power for one solo X18 the warhorse would be overkill. I have a T2500-1 and a T600-2 in my car and I have a XS power 3400 under the hood and a XS power 800 back by the amp. It's a factory 130 amp alternator , with no dimming of lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice! I know its massive! But i would really like the kicker warhorse but the RF would do. Dont know where to get it :S

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You're not gonna get a Warhorse for $1500 period, let alone shipped to England. The cheapest those sell for is like $3k, and shipping one of those monsters to the UK wouldn't be cheap, probably a couple hundred bucks.

Warhorses are essentially battery fed amps, you would need multiple runs of 1/0 to feed them the current they require. Not that you could feed them the current off a normal alternator anyways. Figure you're going to need AT LEAST 400A of alternator for the Warhorse alone, and preobably that or more for the 4ch amps you'll need to have any sort of non-bass sound.

You're going to need a huge battery bank to power it. I hope you're intending to take up the entire Civic behind the rear seats and possibly including the passenger seat for this build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh. Well i joined this other audio website and there actually alot cheaper than 3000$. Some are going for a 1000$ kicker stopped making them to expensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts