DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend way too much time looking at stupid crap online…and for 22 bucks shipped I just had to see these even though I have no intention of using them. They may actually work though…epoxy in place, a little filler to smooth out the transition and deaden as needed…who knows they could save someone a lot of fab work on a-pillars. They’re some kind of injection molded plastic and pretty stiff. I’m gonna set them out in the sun tomorrow and see if they get soft.

· Registered
333 Posts
Hm. Someone had a potentially good idea with these. I second the link requested and am looking forward to hear how they do in the sun. Looks like a very, very good find (at least for people like me who aren’t familiar with fabricating such things and don’t want to start this close to winter). At least worth the $20 to see whether or not they’re junk

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: GrM

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
504 Posts
I think it's supposed to mount into the OS handles

If that's the case that's odd aiming. But if you used it as the start of a pillar glassing it might help a good bit.

Edit: maybe? No clips on the bottom near the mid.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There’s 5 pins spaced around that I assume are to cut to length and screw in from the back side after you shape it to fit your pillar. I would shape it to fit and epoxy the whole thing to the pillar myself.
it looks like a one size fits all kinda deal.

· Registered
333 Posts
I was looking at these. They don't have any measurements for the tweeter hole. Looks interesting, especially after I just spent 40 plus hours building a pillars for my miss and tweets, sheesh
46mm (1.85”) interior (hole diameter), 58mm (2.283”) exterior. Huge. Not sure about how it’d look (or effect response) with my .75” (1.75” ring diameter) tweets but they’ll work with my 4” mids so could always cut off the tweeter pod and do some extra mods to make it look pretty. If I use the angled mounting hardware for left and flush mount (can adjust by ~15*) for right can get them within 15* at driver seat if I do a basic a-pillar install. That’s a bit of a TMI ramble but hey, who knows might be useful to someone.

(link for the a-pillar pods specs)

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Supposed to be sunny and close to 100* here today. I set them outside on a table that’ll see direct sunlight all day. I’ll let y’all know this afternoon if they’re melty or not.

Reactions: Old'sCool and GrM

· Registered
611 Posts
Supposed to be sunny and close to 100* here today. I set them outside on a table that’ll see direct sunlight all day. I’ll let y’all know this afternoon if they’re melty or not.
Awesome. I saw those and wondered if anyone here has tried them.

These might be a good start in my old Civic with no pillar/head airbags. As if I need another project, lol.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome. I saw those and wondered if anyone here has tried them.

These might be a good start in my old Civic with no pillar/head airbags. As if I need another project, lol.
I have no plans to use them…I just wanted to see them. I figured they’d be 1/16” thick and flimsy…I was kinda surprised they’re not.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Noon and 95*…still firm with no signs of going soft.

Reactions: Old'sCool
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.