DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This build has been a long time coming. I bought this car 10 years ago, but never installed any of the equipment I procured in it; always debating if I would sell the car in the near future... but as it turns I didn't sell it... and now I won't be.

Short-story long, I sold all the older gear (that was sitting NIB) and bought new for this build. I've been on this board learning for a long time, but first-hand application is new to me... everything is going to take longer than I'd hope, and I'm one of those procrastinating perfectionists, so I'll overbuild almost anything "just to be safe" .. sigh

This won't be a step-by-step build log, but I'll dump pictures here and answer questions that may arise along the way...

2010 VW GTI MK6
HU = DMX905s
Front Stage = 3way Audio Frog GB10/GB25/GB60
Rear Fill = JL C5 coax
DSP/amp = Helix V8
Sub = 12" Adire (repurposed HSU Research OEM driver)
Sub Amp = JL Audio XD600/1v2

Amps mounted under the rear hatch floor. Custom a-pillar mid-range pods. Tweeters in slightly customized sails. Midbass in the stock front doors. Sound deadened throughout w/ Resonix CLD tiles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some pics from the past week

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and some more

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I fiberglass and bondo-resin the brown portions of the interior door panel? I will use CLD on the black plastic and brown plastic, but the brown plastic is considerably more pliable. It appears to be recycled content and is not as thick or rigid. Maybe that's fine (w/ just some CLD)... but I have plenty resin/filler/milkshake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
you can make a 1.25" spacer (0.5" spacer and 0.75" spacer glued together) to get some good space for door speakers in front of the window track basket X thing. i found 1.5" was too much.

once i got everything together and deadened, most of the resonances came from the window regulator/motor itself. i eventually aborted and went to kicks. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts